Thread: Backup blackberry to ipad

Backup blackberry to ipad

Hi everyone ,One of the user is just querying that if they can backup their blackberry to their ipad. I got this question first time and it is very disappointing for that guy because I don't have any idea about macs or ipads, I was searching about the same on internet a lot but didn't got any specific procedure through which I can do the same . Is there a method to perform such type of task? does the mac desktop manager run on the ipad?

Re: Backup blackberry to ipad

I don't have much information about this technique but when I was living with a some friends. They also having such type of difficulties and used the specific method to solve this out and I would suggest you the same thing as they suggested me to go for . Actually , the Desktop Manager is only the way through which you can go for the synchronization process with the BlackBerries devices , There is not any other types of devices to accomplish this task.

I don't think that they trying to say that the backing up of the iPad with Desktop Manager.According to me , he is trying to go with the Desktop manager as a fix on the absolute iPad device specially for the blackberry devices .

1. There is no (and mostly would not ever be) a Desktop Manager version for the iPad
    2. There is no any method through which I can plug the BlackBerry directly with the iPad anyway

After all, they needed to sync the BB PIM data to the iPad? which would need a system as a middle operator but it's possible.

I am so glad that you all considered on my issue and thanks for that as well as the information that you have suggested me to go for . The user needed to receive her blackberry contacts and calender on her ipad. I already said that she will require to be continue to backup her blackberry to her computer system or the mac if they have , and then I am sure that she can work with the itunes to get the contacts onto her ipad. I will have to get up how to perform that.

The procedure to work with the Desktop Manager to frequently and simply transmit entire or selected and personal data and applications on an already having BlackBerry smartphone to different. All you require to get started are two mini USB sync cables (such as the one which is provided with your BlackBerry,) the Desktop Manager software and the two BlackBerry smartphones. (Note: If you are getting ready to copy all the data to or from a device with a micro USB port, such as the new Pearl 8220 Flip, you also requires to go for a micro USB sync cable.)

This is how to convert, export, sync, copy or transfer blackberry contacts to an iPad without purchasing anything advance .

1. First you have to transfer existing contacts from the Blackberry address book to Outlook on your system.

Launch the Blackberry Desktop Manager program.
    Click on the "Synchronization" option within the configuration.
    Then after click on the "Synchronize" button to set the synchronization configuration.

To select the device applications to synchronize, choose "Address Book" > "Outlook".
    Select "One way sync from Dvvice to Mirosoft Outlook" and then after click on the Next button as "Finish" to accomplish this .

From the main menu screen,choose "Synchronize" option and check "Synchronize organizer data".
    Click on the"Synchronize" to start the copying procedure of the contacts from your Blackberry to your Outlook contacts.

2. Move contacts from Outlook to an iPad by syncing this with iTunes.

Plug your iPad to system and open up the iTunes software.
    From the iTunes,choose your iPad device.choose the Info tab, Check "sync contacts with" and the go for the Outlook.
    Click on the Apply, and then click on the "Sync" button again to copy the contacts from Outlook to your iPad.

When I have been working with the RIM's Desktop Manager and installed on my blackberry Bold 9700 then I figured out that it simply utilizes entire Apple's dependent programs for contact backups, etc. For example ; Mail, Address Book, iCal, I was unaware about all these things and it would perform that when I decided on the blackberry Bold 9700 and it's been a cinch for me . According to my wife's, she also has a iPod Touch, uses entire Apple's same contact programs to, fine, syncing of contacts so I didn't got how synchronizing where the blackberry data overlap the data on Apple's contact programs then syncing with the iPad/iPod/iPhone would not be feasible to go with that.