Thread: Please insert PlayStation or PlayStation 2 format disc?

Please insert PlayStation or PlayStation 2 format disc?

I am having an issue with the PlayStation 2 which i have bought up to play the games on it but while i am inserting any CD i am getting this message "Please insert PlayStation or PlayStation 2 format disc?" I am using the original game CD but still getting the problem like this. If any one aware of this issue then help me with the same. Thanks in advance.

Re: Please insert PlayStation or PlayStation 2 format disc?

This is the genuine problem of the PS2 which gives the error when you are using the CD of the other region on the PS2 from another region. It only runs the CD of the same region. I think you need a ModChip to get rid of this issue. The Mod Chip will allow the other region CD to run on this. So buy the ModChip and work with the same.

If you are getting the error message then you need to Mod your PlayStation 2. With the Modded PS 2 you can run the game of any region without having any issue. To get the PS 2 modded you have to visit the dealer from where you have purchased the same and ask about the Mod of the PS2. This will help you regarding the error message.

When any one is getting the error like "Please insert PlayStation or PlayStation 2 format disc?" then it means that you are not using the DVD, CD that supports the PlayStation format. The CD or DVD which you are using is not genuine. So ask for the genuine CD and play the game with the same. Every region supports the different Disc format.

If nothing is working with the error of yours then you should visit the PlayStation Store or contact the Customer support of the same and discuss about he problem, or error that you are getting with the same. They will go through the problem and advise you the proper solution with it. So try this out to work with your issue.

As you are getting the error with the PlayStation 2 then you are using the pirated version of the game CD in it. Go to the shop from where you have purchased the game and ask for the genuine CD not the pirated one and try the genuine to see whether you are getting the same error or not. Hope this will work.

I have gone through all the detail which is given above which you have given me to explain above and now i am having the enough knowledge regarding the issue of mine. I have finally taking my device to the store which i think can get rid of this. Anyways thanks for the help that you have provided me.