Thread: Internal error 4238, exchange 2007

Internal error 4238, exchange 2007

Outlook is configured up to send the mail to mailbox on server. As well as I can say synch is configured up properly , synchronization begins , terminates with the error message 'Unable to get an Outlook or Exchange Record. Lack of network access to Exchange server can cause this problem ' Log lists 'Read "<item name>"..

Outlook going very well , we've removed and made the Outlook profile again, and the Synchronization directory in the application configuration directory -after all no luck. Is there something in specific which requires to be configure up the Exchange server that can allow the Blackberry to interact with this ? Any specific services which require to be running? The Blackberry is replacing a Nokia which synched without any issues for the same Exchange server.

Re: Internal error 4238, exchange 2007

I think, you are missing something to complete the procedure to do entire things. Just go through the proper procedure and this is only the solution that can help you to solve it out . Generate a new Messaging Application Programming Interface (MAPI) profile. When configuring up the MAPI properties, just be sure that email messages are being dispatched to your mailbox, and should not be a .pst file. reset the advanced logging for Intellisync and dispatch a copy of the PtTrace.log as well as tif.log files to your service provider for the advance analysis..

After performing the archiving of the calendar, there were still a number of notification in the left behind, but two were probably outliers (2004 and 2005, others were 2008 or earlier ). Removed those two, then after I got that the calendar synchronization goes fine without prior issue .

The obvious question is why the software doesn't easily release the components of it and it doesn't like rather than crash properly ,particularly when the offending components are not even in the limitation that is being synched; but that's neither here nor there I think.

I have been suffering with the same issues with so many blackberries in my office. We have four, and it looks like the affect only two blackberry/system partnerships. The only method which I found to resolve it when it happens is this:

- Connect the blackberry with the USB cable. Launch the Desktop Manager. When the sync get ready to be go , cancel this so it doesn't crash.

- Click on the "Synchronization", click on "Configuration" Tab, click on "Configure Sync". Move into the sync configurations for each application you made enabled, For example calendar, contacts, notes, tasks.

- Configure this with the "One way sync to Device" and check the box to "replace all data in the target application". Be sure that you have configured every application up this way.

- Run sync

- Reset the setup to the method you need it.

If somebody got a fix to stop this issue from happening, Let me know about this . According to me, this is a bug which requires the proper solution.

I have considered out some things and managed to resolve this out .

1- Move into the Synchronize / Configuration - VIEW LOG and find out where the error is getting generated . According to my situation, it was the calendar. But in different cases, this should be contacts.

2- Come out from the Synch, and move into the Backup and Restore, click on the Advanced and after making a click on that as well as on the right side, you will get the Device Databases - select the offending database and wipe this out , then get exit from the window.

3- Move back into sync - configuration and try again. If it still getting failed to process , then go again for step 2, then you might need to try and device over-right - i.e select a one method to config this out from Outlook to device as told in earlier post.
    Once it would be finished , you can configure entire sync options back for the normal status (go for the 2 say sync etc.)