Thread: Can't repair or uninstall Desktop Manager Software

Can't repair or uninstall Desktop Manager Software

I am trying to perform the uninstallation of Desktop Manager 5.0.1 , When I tried to make the uninstall with the help of typical Add/Remove Programs from the windows administrative changes Control Panel, it occurs the below error: "Could not access VBScript run time for custom action"..

How can I repair or uninstall the Desktop Manager??

Re: Can't repair or uninstall Desktop Manager Software

There are several causes for suffering with an assortment of error reports on your system; if you have come across a "error 2738 could not access vbscript runtime for custom action" message lately, then you need to worry about this . Actually, you must think that the majority of computer related issues can simply be resolved although you may not have much computer knowledge .

Register the vbscript.dll file on the system that would fix the issue,If you have installed the Microsoft Windows 2000 or Microsoft Window XP, finish the below suggested steps:

1- Click on the Start menu and choose Run from the list .
    2- Type regsvr32 vbscript.dll in the prompt.
    3- If it does not do anything , the vbscript.dll file may not be destinated in the default destination on the system. Search the PC for the vbscript.dll file and replace it to C:\Windows\system32.

In some cases, you could be failed to register the vbscript.dll file and you will encounter the following error message:

The module C:\windows\system32\vbscript.dll was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with 0x80004005

To solve this issue , you have to run the command prompt as the Administrator of the system . if you are not running as admin then you have to switch for that code and the suggestion can be helpful for you :
    • Click Start.
    • Select All Programs.
    • Select Accessories.
    • Right-click Command Prompt.
    • Select Run As Administrator.

There may be some other causes of runtime errors that involves the invalid loading or unloading of software, software issues that can occur when your different applications are essentially conflicting in another side of each other when operated at the same time, issues with the computer viruses and spyware, and the list goes on . To sum up, any or all of these can lead to lost or destroyed references within your windows registry, thus causing your windows to displayed up with those inconvenient error alerts, and in some cases more alarming issues .

I am also having the same error message as :

Error 1316 A networking error occured while attempting to read from the file C:\WINDOWS\Installer\BlackberryDesktopSoftware.msi.
    I have also used to go for the remove operation and researched in Motion file, but I receive the message as : Access denied.Do you have any idea about this ..Any help would be appreciated ..