Thread: First Impressions : Nokia N900

Aabha Shaha Guest

First Impressions : Nokia N900

I just bought my Nokia N900 for Rs. 24,500 and will post my first impressions of the phone.

The device fits very well in the hand and the keyboard slides out reassuringly. The keyboard feels quite good to type on.

The screen which is a 800x480 3.5" screen is very sensitive and works well. The screen has gestures support so you can make a circle with your finger or stylus to zoom in or out of the webpage in the browser.

The camera is a 5 Megapixel unit which takes some very nice photos. The videos are also smooth and stutter free.

The mediaplayer is one of the highlights of the device in my opinion. The music player supports almost every codec and the 32GB of memory makes it possible to store thousands of tracks ! Even the video player will playback divx and xvid files flawlessly without conversion. So just drag and drop files onto the mass memory and play it

Will post more information soon ! Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Re: First Impressions : Nokia N900

Nice details, mate... Thanks for sharing ..

Nice, so where did you buy the Nokia N900 at that cheap rate mate, because I heard that its cost is around to something 30k or so. Apart from all these features, can we make a video telephony via the nokia n900? What is the weight of this device? Also looking at its bulky looks, I guess I have also have to wear a loose trousers or tracks so that it can properly fit in the pocket? Can we access to direct youtube videos from this mobile phone or do we have to install some software? What about facebook, twitter access, is it simplified?

Aabha Shaha Guest

I got the N900 at the retail store. Infact there is a scheme going on at some blogs via which you can get the N900 with a free headset.

It looks bulky but fits easily in jeans / trousers.

Youtube plays directly in the browser. There is no need to get an application of any sort.

Simon.Blake Guest

This is one of the best devices that i have used ! it is an amazing phone I really enjoy browsing on this device and the media player is one of the best.

Simon.Blake Guest

Great phone ! I absolutely love my N900. There are so many interesting applications for this device !

Quote Originally Posted by Simon.Blake View Post
    Great phone ! I absolutely love my N900. There are so many interesting applications for this device !
    Yeah really. I also found a great post here on this forum where they had mentioned tips about controlling you Nokia N900 remotely. Just check this out: Remotely Manage uTorrent on Nokia N900 with uRemote.

Very Interesting.