Thread: Audio problem with Dell Vostro 1400

Audio problem with Dell Vostro 1400

I have just bought a new Dell Vostro 1400 laptop which comes with the Vista installed on it. But i have installed windows Xp on it. Everything gone perfect until installing the new OS on my new laptop. But the only problem with this laptop now is that i am not getting any sound from it. Can you guys tell me that what could be the problem here? Audio device is sigmatel STAC 9205.

Re: Audio problem with Dell Vostro 1400

Most probably this seems to be the problem with the Sound Driver on your windows XP system. I think you have gone wrong somewhere while installing the drivers for your XP operating system. Actually it might also happen that you have not removed the Vista Driver properly due to which this kind of problem can persist. I suggest you to first uninstall all the drivers from your system and then go to an official website of DELL and search for the XP drivers.

If sound driver would not be a problem then there could be something wrong with the sound settings on your laptop. I suggest you to check on the right most corner of your desktop where small speaker's icon has been provided, Double click on it. Now check that the all the bard are set on maximum level. Sometime it happens that you try to get sound with every possible try but you do not get it just because the volume level is low.

It might happen that the problem will be the speakers of your laptop itself as if there would be even a small kind of loose internal connection of your laptop speakers then you wont be getting the sound out of it as your laptop speakers wont be having any power. There could be the problem with the speakers as well but as you have bought a new laptop, So it should not be anything like that.

I have searched a sound drivers for Windows XP operating system for your Dell Vostro 1400 and i have found that there is no drivers available on the Dell's website so i guess you have to uninstall an operating system from your laptop and then you may have some other OS on it which would be having proper support of drivers. I recommend you to install Windows Vista which is next better OS after XP.

It seems to be the hardware problem as it has been seen that an even a new Dell laptop have got some problems with its hardwares. I was having some problem with my Dell laptop's webcam as it was not getting clear. I do not know what was the problem but the dealer from where i had purchased that laptop have replaced my laptop and now in this new laptop, There are no issues.