Thread: Dell Inspiron 1525 sim option

Dell Inspiron 1525 sim option

I have recently bought a new laptop which is Dell Inspiron 1525 and there is no problem with this laptop but i have found something strange on this laptop. Actually this laptop has a slot provided for SIM , Can anybody tell me that what this slot stands for and how do i use it and for what i can use it?

Re: Dell Inspiron 1525 sim option

I think SIM cards are only thing which are needed to get network on your mobile phone and as you said that there is slot provided for inserting the SIM card on your Dell Inspiron 1525 then i think it would be useful to use your mobile network. I think it would be useful to get an internet on your laptop by your mobile phone's account.

I have searched a bit and have found out that the SIM slot given on your laptop is for GPRS and 3G communications which must be activated from your SIM card's manufacturer. But still you would be needing GPRS/3G radio modem. So you may now try to put your phone's SIM card on your laptop and then check that what it asks for and what are an additional options.

Yes it is true that Dell Inspiron 1525 is provided with the SIM card slot. You can use GPRS and 3G connection on your laptop by inserting the SIM card on your laptop. But make sure that you have activated this services from the customer care of your SIM card. It might also happen that you can use it for calling from your laptop.

Sim card is what you need to get wireless telephone network on phone but now it has been made available by the laptop manufacturers as well as it gives you the mobile internet on your portable laptop which is an additional feature to portability. So you should try putting your SIM card in that port and check that it works or not.