Thread: Hide incoming SMS

Hide incoming SMS

We have queried the sms people to edit the parameters (DCS and PID) needed to make hide the SMS when received nothing the less we are still getting the SMS in the inbox of our BB's. I am just running with 8330's OS 4.5.0.113 and OS 4.3.0.124.

Protocol id.: 0x40

Data coding: 0xf4
    SMPP Data Coding Scheme: Unknown (0xf4)
    GSM SMS Data Coding
    1111 .... = DCS Coding Group for SMS: SMS DCS: Data coding / message class (0x0f)
    .... 01.. = DCS Character set: 8-bit data (0x01)
    .... ..00 = DCS Message class: Class 0 (0x00)
    GSM CBS Data Coding
    1111 .... = DCS Coding Group for CBS: SMS DCS: Data coding / message class (0x0f)
    .... 01.. = DCS Character set: 8-bit data (0x01)
    .... ..00 = DCS CBS Message class: No message class (0x00)
    Do you have any idea about some other parameters which should be modified in this case ?

Re: Hide incoming SMS

Hi everyone,
    We have also got the same thing happening with me . If we are working with an application on the phone which opens the explicit SMS port then we transfer the class 0 SMS to then the message does not display within the inbox section. If we don't have the port in open status then it showing at all.

What we require is a method to send an SMS to the required application like that if the application has been uninstalled the SMS will not bother the people. Commonly, the phone would not consume the delivery of the SMS and the process of sending station would receive a non-delivery report. Is it possible to do it ?

Guys !! Another one suffering with the same problem.... We have had finished to send the messages with PID=40 and DCS=10 in the area of North America, but not to UK phones. The exact application does not contain to dispatch the 'system' messages with PID=40 & DCS=10 or PID=40 & DCS=F4 when transferring the messages from Canada to UK phones.

I am aware about the concept through which I can hide the incoming SMS messages, configure the phone with passcode and that is an option to do in this case and you all above can go for this . My idea is to capture the .PNG file of the box and improve it within the solid color to try to hide the text. Actually, I have to go for this procedure later since I am at work.

Yes !! I was just considering about that the but I was getting some difficulties from my friends using my phone and when a text receives via they would be like "your phones jacked up"...one solid color box coming up would look just as a pretty bad glitch. All of you here , I am sure and hoping for stuff such as that cause I am surrounded by iPhone nay-sayers who already stated this costs so much and its going to switch into the bugs. By the way, maybe since the text is white, you could create an image which is white (primarily where your text would be shown) and above which in the image contains the words "New Text Message"...then all you would get is new text message with options to show or avoid , you know what I want to share with you ..

You can hide the incoming text messages from the following configuration and it can be easily achieved from the Settings->General->Passcode Lock -> Show SMS Preview (Off)....Why Apple has to put it here instead of going within the configuration section as Settings->Phone...

This is appreciated help , a method to make it hide my incoming messages without the pass lock, and it is just because I don't need to issue a code again and again. I turn my iphone in on mode. One more thing , when I provide my iphone to some other person, it's commonly working and then the message will show and the one who is searching for just could click "view message