Thread: Restoring iPod nano without iTunes

Restoring iPod nano without iTunes

Hi guys ,
    I have just committed something wrong - I agreed to update my nano's software when iTunes allows me to go for that. Currently the iTunes not detecting my iPod, because it requires to be updated itself with the version 7.6 for working with the updated nano device . But my machine would not allow me to perform the installation of the latest iTunes version and currently I am running with the issues . I need to perform the restoration of the iPod, but it is impossible with the help of iTunes. Could it be done through some other method ?? Thanks for any help ..

Re: Restoring nano without iTunes

It can't say properly and I am also not sure about this but have some idea to do it. I haven't tried this before but some of my friends have used this already. you can perform that but it seems very tedious. In order to do this, you have to download the ipsw and ipsw.signature files for your previously released version. I am also searching for that. I will give you the more explanation after discussing about the same with my friends.

Re: Restoring iPod nano without iTunes

If you are running with the windows XP or another windows platform like Vista and all then you can go for the upgrade. You have to just done the upgrade to iTunes 7.6 after you done the uninstallation properly any prior versions of the iTunes and Quicktime and just install the iTunes. You can go for the official site with the steps and can be performed properly . Don't skip the clean up the installers step in any situation .
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I also received the same issue with my device . This stupid firmware update does not warn you that you will require to go for the up-gradation of iTunes software to 7.6 in order for iTunes to even detects your iPod properly and it does not warn you that you require Windows XP SP2 or earlier in order to launch the iTunes 7.6 software . There shows to be no easy method to downgrade the iPod firmware without going through the iTunes, but I am unable to launch the iTunes because this machine got unable to manage the SP2. I just want to use my freakin' iPod !

I don't think that you can do this without going to work with the itunes, but there is an iPod recovery system which possibly feasible for entire iphone and itouch(s) also .You have to just press the menu and the middle button specified until its reboots then you issue the rewind and middle button right after then this should begin the recovery procedure..