Thread: Nokia E72 or HTC Hero?

Nokia E72 or HTC Hero?

Hi All,

I am have to buy mobile of either Nokia or HTC. I am thinking about recently launched Nokia E72 and HTC Hero. I have referred many websites but didn't get enough details over these two Nokia and HTC mobiles. So it becomes quite difficult to make selection among these two. I wonder if you are able to let me know your suggestions over Nokia E72 and HTC Hero. I will really appreciate your help.

Re: Nokia E72 or HTC Hero?

With Scenes, a new profile feature, HTC Hero becomes multiple phones in one. Create and switch between Scenes that reflect different moments in your life. Your Hero becomes a weekend phone that helps you relax with your choice of tunes, catch up with your favorite friends and capture some memories with HTC Footprints. And when you go on a trip, your phone becomes your personal guide and gives you instant access to local time, weather and maps.

The Nokia E72 integrates higher level of performance (probably due to the faster speed processor 600 MHz) and includes a camera 5 megapixels. Other changes and improvements in software, including changes to the user interface and built-in implementing Mail among others. It is the descendant of Nokia E71 and is based on a parallel model.

Using the HTC Hero, rediscover common features modernized and redesigned. Among the small comforts available, you can then call either by dialing a contact telephone number or alternatively by typing the first letters of his name from the digital keyboard. Similarly, in monitoring your relationships, see birthdays or follow the updates of your contacts on Facebook or Flickr will be in a single glance.

The E72 includes general appearance of the E71, maintaining a non-touch display in landscape mode above a Full Keyboard. This smartphone also acquires a 5 megapixel digital camera with flash and a headphone jack 3.5mm recalling its versatile nature of productivity, but also entertainment. The Nokia E72 is to become a platform for mobile messaging benchmark, be it emails or instant messaging, allowing access to key accounts and mail servers on the market.

techpeddu Guest

Naughty Re: Nokia E72 or HTC Hero?

The HTC -- though unfortunately, the company appears to have bitten off more than its last-generation hardware can chew. If this build of Android were to be loaded atop the guts of a 3GS or Pre, the performance would likely be astounding, but fused with the two-year old architecture of previous devices, it's mostly disappointing. We're not saying this isn't the best build of Android on the market -- we think it is. What we are saying is that this build is a bit too much for a device like the Hero to handle, and that makes for an uneven, sometimes frustrating experience. Going into the review, we desperately wanted to love this phone, but given the combination of a few poor hardware choices and an OS which outclasses the device it runs on, we can only recommend that you enter at your own risk.

The Nokia E72 has all the business applications you'd expect from an E-Series device. However, it hasn't really brought anything new to the table and is somewhat overshadowed by its contemporaries.

Pros:
    Business applications
    Good connectivity
    Attractive

Cons:
    Small screen
    Sluggish Symbian OS
    Poor web experience
    Limited onboard memory
    Useless optical trackpad

The winner is Nokia

Why don't you take Nokia E72?. This nokia mobile also incorporates an A-GPS module digital compass and Nokia Maps software. The Nokia E72 also incorporates advanced announced with Nokia E52 in terms of call quality, with a system of noise canceling. It's compact size, full keyboard in front and independence have made it a popular tool productivity.

Fully customizable, HTC Hero can be set entirely to your image. Perfectly suited to your needs, it allows you to stay close to your contacts by organizing a track of your communications contact, instead of dispersing them by type of applications. With the HTC Hero, learn every day these little tricks that can use a smartphone as the most simple and intuitive as possible.

I've been using HERO for half a year already... It was a tough experience, yes, - but only before the upgrade of Android OS from 1.5 to 2.1, which fortunately happened last month. Now I can say I'm satisfied with my HTC Hero: it's become quicker, browsing web pages is now a pleasure - you can watch videos and pics and listen to music, which was rarely the case with Android 1.5. The only thing which saddens me so far is my phone's performance in video playback - it's kinda when you play a movie on an old Pentium 100 MHz, i.e. with tiny glitches and slow-downs, which, however, irritate you a lot. I don't really know if the problem's with the hardware... it may well be in the software, I'll check it out when I have time.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Bitter_Lemon; 14-07-2010 at 02:13 PM.