Thread: Problem with Philips DVD player 5.1 channel output.

Problem with Philips DVD player 5.1 channel output.

I am having a Philips DVP 5150 DVD player, and the speaker system of Philips SP120 5.1. But the problem is that when I am trying to play DVDs, rear speakers do not work properly or it will be precise to say that it does not work at all but the DVDs are marked as 5.1 Dolby Surround sound. The thing is that I am not having the idea whether it is the problem related to the speakers or my DVD player. I have also tried to change all the Audio Settings that are given with DVD player. Any reply for solving problem with Philips DVD player 5.1 channel output will be appreciated.

Re: Problem with Philips DVD player 5.1 channel output.

I have been using Philips DVD player for past four years and is working fine not even once it required any repairing, so I think you must have either run pirated DVD or your speaker connections must be loosen, do insert different DVDs and try it. The other option you can go for; if your DVD player is under warranty period is that call the customer support of Philips and them for the solution or the replacement of your device.

I have tried original DVDs (marked as Dolby Digital 5.1) and my speaker connections are also correct. But they never worked. May be problem with the DVDs audio encoding formats but I am not sure about it. My player is marked as DOLBY DIGITAL EX PRO LOGIC II. Could it be a problem with backward compatibility with older DOLBY DIGITAL format DVDs? About the guarantee period, yes it is under guarantee period and I have called them and they agreed to replace the product.

I am also facing with my Philips DVP5965K, the problem is that it is giving me error whenever I am trying to play the DVDs that are original and authenticated. I was thinking that I will face problem when I try to play pirated DVD but the actual thing is that I am getting error when I am trying to play authenticated DVD. One more thing I am not lucky because my DVD player is out of guarantee period and hence I cannot get the replacement for the same.

Well the solution for your problem is really simple and you can do it without any problem. Just turn ON your DVD player then open the loading tray and if your DVD player is not having loading tray then you just need to press setup on the remote and then navigate the preferences page through the use of right arrow keys. After that you need to enter 138931. After that you will be able to see the region code for the countries. You can select your region code or if you want to select all the regions then you need choose zero for that. After that press setup and then Ok. I am sure that you will not face the problem again.

I am having Philips DVD player and, my problem is that whenever I try to load the DVD in my DVD player then after loading it displays a NO DISC message. For the DVD player to work I need to repeat the process four to five times and this is annoying. I have also called the customer support but they have not provided me with any suitable answer and this piece cannot be replaced since it has completed its warranty period. Any help for solving this problem will be appreciated.

If you are trying to shake it upside down then do not do it because the DVD player is not designed for that purpose. Try to clean the DVD lens and the DVD or the DVD that you are using. You can report the problem on Philips Micro program they will definitely provide the solution for your problem. But before that follow the instructions that I have given.