Thread: Dell alienware flickering issue

Dell alienware flickering issue

Hello,
    I just received my 3rd alienware m17x with crossfire 4870. I have every time the same problem. I am forced to disable the AI in the ATI Control Center to play. Indeed, the image that I split and scrolls from bottom to top or top to bottom. I had the HELPDESK and each time the same speech. I installed the A02 bios and the latest ATI drivers 3.10. I am windows 7. Do you have any solution for this? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Dell alienware flickering issue

I have an exactly the same problem, even if I play a very low end graphics game the screen givens me a problem. However, I have no updated drivers at the, 3rd Alienware and always the same concern? I have not tried the helpdesk yet, but will surely check if they can help.

I think it is not flickering but a hardware problem (cable gpu crossfire or defective). It seems that if the test "FurMark" passes without worries (visual level), then the flickering is absent. If the test causes the flickering, then it is not normal because the bios would solve it. Though I am not sure of this, but I feel this can be helpful.

To go a little further, is that disabling the turbo mode change anything to the problem? Otherwise make a backflash in 01 02 could then return (if nothing is defective hardware) address the concerns. Finally, the ultimate check: open the beast, disconnect / reconnect the cable crossfire, the beast back then do a test with crossfire ON / OFF.

It also could not come at the branching of the screen? no? Otherwise disable the turbo mode in the BIOS. In the advanced options, performance, and CPU Performance Mode. But it is clear that if you disassemble your engine, you'll see soon, the graphics card is (I think) directly accessible by removing the cover on the base of the beast.

Bios flashed and installed the new ATI driver, plus some tests such as the key and 3Dmark. But the problem persists unstable images on WoW, Bio-shock and Battlefield 2. Next step, a complete re-installation of the machine.

The technician told me that another case similar to mine was under consideration at this time the head of Casablanca should give me his opinion and I hope a solution. The adventure continues.