Thread: Meego not working on Asus eee 701 2G Surf PC

Meego not working on Asus eee 701 2G Surf PC

I m having a first generation Asus eee 701 2G Surf portable laptop, which is specified with Celeron processor, along with this 512MB RAM and 2GB Flash hard Drive. Few days back I tried to run Meego on my machine, it runs fine but after the installation it creating some of the problem, like the battery is shows empty when it is plugged, also when I tried to connect with the network, it says the hexadecimal number are not valid. Though I checked the wifi card, but found nothing. After that I also tried by remove the wifi card from my machine, but this also does not help me very much. And while these problems are arrived, the meego software application program stopped working, if I double click on it.

Re: Meego not working on Asus eee 701 2G Surf PC

According to the problem with your wifi network service, I think this should be occurring for the driver application, because in my machine also when I installed a software application, the driver of the machine completely crashed, and after that I simply reload the driver in my machine by the suggestion of one of my friend. So I also like to recommend you to reinstall the network router driver in your machine, for that insert driver installation disk into CD ROM drive, and ping into device manager, form there right click on it and choose the update option. After that it will locate the driver installation program from the machine or from ten other locations. Start the process, and wait till it completes. Try with this; I hope this will surely help you.

If you surely think that the problem those you mentioned in your post is occurring for the Meego software application program, then I think you should go for reinstall the program, by that if there is any issue with that, then this will be overcome. Along with this, you will also be sure about that, because I don’t think so for the software application program there should be any issue regarding battery and plug-in of our machine. Along with this after remove the software application, also remove the other files, those are collaborating with your machine windows log file, now look for the problems, are they occurring, if still the problem arrives, then you should proceed for other way to resolve this one.

I think the wifi network problem that you mentioned is not for the software application , there might be any older problem is situated in your machine, and after install the software application, this problem arrives. Because I was also facing issue with another software application, after the installation my web cam in my Acer aspire laptop stopped working. After that I simply remove the software application, but this does not help me to overcome from the problem, then I searched for the solution, and found that this is not for the software program, from last few days the hardware application is not working properly, and just after install the software program, the problem arrives, and start creating problem. So I suggest you to make sure that the problem is only for the open source software program.

Relevant issue with the MeeGo open source application program, which I installed in my Asus EEEpc 900 Linux version laptop. In my machine the battery, wifi and along with this other hardware devices are working fine, but here the problem is with the windows media player, I am running Meego from a USB stick, and the problem is arrives first while I tried to boot into the GUI, along with the also when I willing to access internet, the browser is also working fine. But after few days after the installation, there is another problem is occurred my laptop, which is the battery is not detected by the machine. Then why this problem arrives, is this for the open source program or for some other. Is there anyone having any solution or suggestion for this problem? any input will be appreciated greatly.