Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fixed The Problem Charging not supported by this accessory

Re: Fixed The Problem Charging not supported by this accessory

I too have only just started getting this problem since installing the latest update. I have 3 different cables that all worked fine prior to the update. Since the update, they only work for 5 or 10 minutes before the error message appears. To charge my phone at all, I have to keep pulling the cable out and putting it back in.

This is driving me crazy.

How do I revert back to the previous version of the OS?

Another here that has the same issue since a last update. Indeed, I had been having problems with voicemail set-up/retrieval and my provider instructed me to do various hard resets, then update software on my phone. Since doing that, I have been receiving various messages of "charging not supported by this accessory" and some other message about "application not optimized for this iphone".

Having googled - there are hundreds and hundreds of users reporting the same issue - yet Apple are scratching their head.

We have an iphone 3GS, iphone 4 and various ipods in the house. All cables are new and purchased direct from Apple.

At the moment, I am able to charge the phone with the cable plugged into the computer - but not the same cable plugged into the plug dock.

Quite ridiculous. Anyone got a sensible solution?

Now I know its hard to imagine how a software update could increase power consumption, but I have found that since the update I can no longer charge my iphone through my unpowered 4-port USB docks. If I plug the cable directly into a powered USB port it works fine. The unpowered USB dock that worked for months up until the upgrade now works for only a few minutes before the 'Not-Supported' error message appears. Maybe its just that the updated software performs a power-level check that the old version didn't - I'm not sure.

Ok I think I may have a solution to this problem. I found that if I plug it in the wall, it will charge fine. I have two cords, one for my iphone and one for my ipad2. I figured the ipad2 is the latest one so I tried it and got the same result as well. The next thing I tried was putting the connector in a different usb port, and wella, it works perfectly. So try a different port and see if that works.

idea Re: Fixed The Problem Charging not supported by this accessory

In my case it was a simple low-voltage problem.
    My iPod Touch attaches via a powered USB hub. The power adapter fell out but, of course, the power LED on the hub stayed on because of power from the Mac via the USB lead. Not enough to satisfy the iPod, though. Once replaced things went back to normal.

idea Re: Fixed The Problem Charging not supported by this accessory

Charging problem fix here -- After reading all of these posts I realize I have done most of what people have recommended. I believe the problem is software related like a virus or script running. I found away to trick the phone into charging completely and is unable to stop and give me the error. Have the I4 on desktop. Plug in a charger. Look for the power icon or charge indicator appear in the top rhs. Or if your luck will hear the sound and even see the green pic of the battery level indicator come up. Indicating the charging process is activated. Now before the software program can stop this and produce an error. Switch off the phone by holding in the off/on button for 5 seconds or so. The phone is now off but the battery is still accepting charge. And should be 100% in an hour or so. I have done this a few times, turned off my wifi and blue tooth and so far the error has not appeared. I recon there is a counter or software problem causing this. I have never upgraded any downloads. Which I will do some time soon. Good luck. Pls tell me if it works for you.

TO FIX THE PROBLEM...I just turned off WIFI when i wanted to charge and that WORKED. Try that. Good luck
    BTW, i have a 2007 iphone 3GS

ThumbsUp Re: Fixed The Problem Charging not supported by this accessory

Fix here. -- Yep the charge error is definately software. Forget buying new chargers. How ever I only have the genuine original. Just Clear all cach, history and cookies. Turn off blue tooth and wifi. Then restart. Plug in charger and when it starts charging, turn off the phone for 30 mins or so. I did this and now I have no longer recieved the charge error, even now leaving the phone on while charging. -- Crappy Apple software. I have never done an upgrade either. Good luck I4 sufferers! I cant wait for my contract to expire. Bring on the Galaxy S !! Android Rocks!

angry Re: Fixed The Problem Charging not supported by this accessory

Dear All,

Please do not waste your time and money. I am having the same problem after updating my IOS to 5.0.1 version. This issue is purely to tie with the IOS. Find below is the justification

1. I had completely drained the battery in my iPhone which means no IOS is valid until it boots up.
    2. Hook up the phone for charging and it was able to charge until the phone comes up. The charging is stopped once the phone comes up with the stated error message.

Apple is trying to make huge money out of imposing this new restriction in their new IOS. As everybody well aware that apple accessaries are costly.

This is the time to switch to other smart phones or at least keep in mind while buying new phone.

HEY PEOPLE, I THINK THAT IS A ISSUE THAT HAPPENS WHEN THE POWER HAVE NO ENOUGHT CURRENT TO START PHONE FROM CHARGING.

TO FIX THIS JUST PLUG THE USB CORD WITH THE LCD BACKLIGHT OFF USING THE SLEEP BUTTON.

I THINK THAT THIS WILL MAKE THE PHONE NEED LESS CURRENT TO START THE CHARGING PROCEDURE.

First of all I had faced that issue and do not understood the issue behind that. I updated a friend iPhone and the same thing happened. Now I tried lots of troubleshooting stuff to check why this thing appear. My charger is new and it was working before. But suddenly it gave me error that accessory is not supported. Then I turned off the wifi and it started working. Still I am trying to understand what is the actual relationship between charger and wifi thing. But this really worked.

There are certain things that can put more highlight on this issue. First just check the charging port. It shouldn't be broken or there must be dust in that because of which the port is not connected properly. Second thing, you must use apple accessories only with iphone only. I will recommend you to check your charger. If that is not working fine then you can simply go for a new one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12