Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fixed The Problem Charging not supported by this accessory

Fixed The Problem Charging not supported by this accessory

In recent days, without having made a particular update I have a message like this accessory does not work with iphone and the phone does not work at all. I left the phone to ensure that there might be some issue with the connector. But later on the same issue. Does anyone has had this problem. What should I do here to remove this error. Is there any other update available.

Re: Fixed The Problem Charging not supported by this accessory

Now there are three ways by which you can fix out this issue. First is reset your iphone which is also called as hard reset. But this will wipe out the update and you will get your old settings back. Take a backup of contacts also before doing this. The other way is remove the pairing kit in the iPhone and then try to re-pair the phone. The third option is calling the dealer for getting a new music cable.

I too got the similar message in my phone stating that the attachment is not supported or charging is not supported. I already changed the cable but the problem reoccurs and that too randomly. I had for that purchased a new cable from the apple shop. And now connecting that to the phone it works well. But the phone charging is working very slow and it takes long time to charge.

You have all seen, one of the weaknesses of the iPhone is its autonomy. It is not uncommon that starting in the morning charged to 100%. But suddenly as the day pass the charging goes down very quickly. The cause of this is a bad charger connected to your iphone. You will need to look for the original charger for your pc. Always buy a original accessories for the iphone.

This is common after a update that your iphone ask for the original iphone accessory. Where you have kept the same. To overcome this problem you must have with a USB cable that you can connect to a wall outlet or computer which is not always possible or try to save your device by disabling 3G , WiFi and Bluetooth. For the error just reset your iphone. Try to get a new dock connector.

There are several models of charger of this products available. But go fo original phone product. The other are less expensive but may be not compatible with the new iphone because of the new firmware. The charger comes in the form of a square black plastic 6-cm square, lightweight and compact. It provides a dock connector female input to be loaded on your usual cable (USB or sector) and a male dock connector output to feed the iPhone.

It is due to firmware issue on your phone. The cable firmware is new and the cable is working on old firmware. For the moment it is switched on it works without problems but it gives me the message battery low, but it does not load I have also turned off by both means of troubleshooting but still nothing I tried to load it off and again no result. I am going to buy a new cable right now.

I too have this issue with my charger and iphone 3g.
    I have bought 2 "apple" USB cable replacements, 2 square dock connectors apple brand as well- a "belkin" charger and also today a "dexim" brand ac 30pin wall charger.
    With every single original and replacement usb, dock or wall charger I get the same error message.
    I can only charge my iphone in my car.
    My ipad will charge just fine with every single cable or charger.
    I am beyond frustrated and tired of shelling out money on cables and chargers.
    The sales people at apple strangely say they have never heard of this issue and insist it must be a dirty or faulty cable.
    I have also reset, hard reset and made sure my phone was clean-
    It sometimes will randomly charge for about 10 minutes or so and then flash the error once again. I don't know what to do at this point. :-(

I can understand your issue but there is no point thinking of that issue whole time see if the support staff also are not able to help you then it is quite bad however if you have come here then i would like to give one piece of advice for you have you ever checked the battery of the phone, see if it is giving no issues with the iPad then the blame is not entirely on charger have a check of the battery as well of iPhone and if possible get it replaced by a new one that would be much better, so do have a check and let me know if it helped you.

Thanks for your reply- Yes the salesperson at apple checked my phone and battery. He was thinking it had possibly been damaged. He said it possibly had water damage. I have never had my iphone in any conditions near moisture or water.
    He found no malfunction or damage. He cleaned the phone and seemed baffled as well.

When he plugged in my phone to a charger there at the store it did show that it was charging.

I bought the cable he used for the check. It was brand new as well.
    I have tried different outlets and also my computer is brand new.

He said if it was charging in the car...that I just needed to do a hard reset and the chargers would work.
    It will charge perfectly fine in my car. I forgot to add...It will sync with the USB cable but not charge as it should while doing so.

My friend has an iphone as well and hers is doing the same thing.
    Apple keeps stating that there is no logical reason- he gave me a support line to call and I was on hold for 45 minutes just to be told there is nothing they can think of to cause the error.

They offered me a small discount on a new iphone- but insisted my phone should work after the reset.

It worked for about 30 minutes after the reset.
    I called him back and he said he could refund or exchange the cable.
    -
    and tried different locations for the outlet at home.

I know it sounds crazy- but I think I have read more threads and tried the suggestions with only temp. luck of getting the cable to work periodically.

Thank you so much for your suggestion. I have the worst luck- I think I may get an Android phone...But I truly love my iphone- just can't continue the frustration of the continuous error-

I may just buy a new battery- as a last ditch effort.
    I thought it may be my outlet or usb input. Updated the drivers for USB

Hi dc05,

I think that the problem lies in the iphone itself, so if there is no physical damage done to the iphone then just try to replace it with a new iphone or some other mobile phone. Apple would have to be liable here as the blame comes from its phone and if it is under warranty then you will surely get a replacement for same. Its such a shame from a big company.

I have an iPhone4 and this issue did not start until I installed the last iPhone update. Since then periodically, not consistently, my third party USB cable will give me this error. Other times, it will charge without problems. Personally, I think it is directly related to the last iPhone update and not the phone or the cable.

i would like to suggest you to make charge directly from wall outlet and it will solve your issue. if this doesnt help you then it sounds like software problem and so i woudl like to suggest you to go to the Apple Store or manufacturer where you bought the iPhone4.

sad Re: Fixed The Problem Charging not supported by this accessory

Quote Originally Posted by ocprgmr View Post
    I have an iPhone4 and this issue did not start until I installed the last iPhone update. Since then periodically, not consistently, my third party USB cable will give me this error. Other times, it will charge without problems. Personally, I think it is directly related to the last iPhone update and not the phone or the cable.
    I agree with you--I have the same error message, now, constantly, since installing the latest OS update. Rather irritating...I will have to zip by genius bar, I suppose.. I would get this error using a third party charger in my car...but it still charged...and I would just dismiss the warning... but now the warning pops up all day long, whether charging or not...and an OEM cord or not... hardboot did not help.

Steelea

Well many such problems have been reported recently because of the software update. For a change just check out the cable and also the port even they can be at the fault. Since not all the iPhone 4 users are facing this problem. So better have a check with the charger and if possible try replacing it first that will be of good help for you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast