Thread: How to Activate IPhone 3GS without Sim

How to Activate IPhone 3GS without Sim

I just recently shifted from Canada. My iPhone was by means of the carrier Rogers. On the other hand, when I left I gave my plan to somebody. I tried to plug in my SIM card here in Saudi Arabia, additional than it said no SIM of course for the reason that I have not unlocked it. On the other hand, I made a brainless mistake and I tried to reinstate to 3.0. Subsequent to it finished restoring it gave me an error that there was no SIM and it might not come to an end the restoration. I tried doing it in DFU mode the entire in excess of again additional than the similar thing appeared. Are there several potential methods to activate the iPhone without any SIM card plugged. Give pleasure to assist me for the reason that right at present the entire I have is an iPhone that says "No SIM card installed. Insert a valid SIM by means of no PIN lock to activate iPhone." Thanks in advance.

Re: How to Activate IPhone 3GS without Sim

You necessitate to "UNLOCK" (to be capable to utilize several provider, some sim card) your phone, in organize to do that you necessitate to "JAILBREAK" first (to open the file system to work unofficial software which you necessitate to do to unlock). I have used the Pwnage Tool, additional than the trouble is I cannot get in to my phone to get to Cydia for unlocking. The entire that comes up is the similar. No SIM card installed. Place in a valid SIM by means of no PIN lock to stimulate iPhone.

I have a comparable difficulty to the innovative postor's if I understand him appropriately or properly. My friend had purchased an iPhone 2G online and it cannot be used by means of his sim. I tried to restore the phone, and somewhere in the procedure subsequent to the phone reboots iTunes tells me the sim in the phone is not sustained or maintained. At present I am stuck by means of the phone not capable to boot (merely demonstrates the screen asking to attach by means of system/itunes), and itunes simply demonstrates the message that sim is not supported and does not let me do anything else to the phone.

The Snowbreeze is not suggested or supported on this discussion. It determines to work or run in most situations additional than for various reasons cannot be suggested. This thread was initially or formerly for 3G owners who be able to utilize redsnow 0.8 or 0.9.2 to hacktivate without requiring an additional restore. The Pwnagetool be able to in addition be used. Blackra1n's hacktivation is problematical so it is not suggested (additional than determine to work in most situations).

My friend said I am able to utilize the iphone 3g without the SIM - I merely desire to utilize the entire the characteristics on the iphone apart from the actual phone characteristic. He said I be supposed to take the SIM out previous to starting the phone. My phone presently arrived in the position. I opened the package, took the sim out and started the phone for the first time. It read - introduce sim to activate the phone.

My query is - be able to I activate and utilize the phone without the sim. I do not desire to utilize it as a phone, presently as an ipod and utilize the wifi and organizer etc. Be able to somebody assist me activate it. What occurs if I start it by means of the AT&T sim that came by means of the phone and then take the sim out subsequent to activation – determine to it get locked. It determine to it tranquil work. Superlatively I desire to activate it without ever putting the sim in.

What you necessitate to do is download pwnage tool and run that to jailbreak your phone. You determine to be capable to download a bunch of cool substance that apple does not permit, similar to a video recorder, mms etc. for illustration. When you are working pwnage tool it determines to ask you if you are using an official carrier and you hit it off "no". It determines to "hactivate" your phone and you would not necessitate utilizing a sim card.