Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Flex 3 or Flex 4 Training

Portable Devices

Old 08-07-2010

Flex 3 or Flex 4 Training

I am looking forward to took training regarding for using the Flex application i have installed and just started with the flex 3. And i have heard that the Flex 4 applications is released. So i am confused whether i continue with the training or should i leave the Flex 3 training and move to the Flex 4 training. Please help me in this matter. if possible please give some tips too.

Old 08-07-2010

Re: Flex 3 or Flex 4 Training

It is always preferable and suitable to learn from the previous version but nowadays newer applications are made in such a way that the newer version are more easier than the earlier version also these applications are far more developed than the earlier version and has new features including the older features to. And hence i would advise you to go for the training of the Flex 4.
Old 08-07-2010

Adobe has announced few days ago the next release of the Flex SDK has code-named "Hero" (finally announced the Adobe evangelists, the evangelists who seem to be gone on vacation or away dab in the hope that everyone read what's new U.S. but that is another debate!). So i would advice you to wait for some days before you start your training for Flex.
Old 08-07-2010

The next release, which would likely be a Flex SDK 4.5 and Flex not 5 (which must be on a longer cycle) actually takes the place of Slider , which we had been announced last year. For now, no preview version is available as Hero based on elements of the API Air / Flash Player 10.1 that are not yet out. So we have to be patient .
Old 08-07-2010

Initially, during presentations of Slider , the idea that Adobe would create a new framework fully optimized for mobile issues (resolutions, change orientation, views, ...). This new framework was therefore based on a new basis and offer many additional options for the management of mobile environments. From this project, we were still at the time of Flex 3, containing no optimization web resources (compared to Flex 4). The performance of a Flex 3 applications on mobile at the time would have been very bad.
Old 09-07-2010

But meanwhile, progress and advance mobile technologies as well. Today, we can find processor clocked at 1GHz on a Nexus One example and enough RAM to run a lot of applications simultaneously. The Flex SDK has also evolved. It has become more "light" with the basic components are much lighter. Flash Player 10.1 is also out with a performance gain experienced and most importantly, it is shipped with Android 2.2.
Old 10-07-2010
Dr. V

From what I understood, I think it'll be good Flex 5, and that hero is the successor of Gumbo. If Hero opened in late 2011, it is roughly 18 months, which is the typical cycle from Adobe (Flex4 has been delayed but should have finished out 2009), and above correspond to the likely release of CS6, now that Flash Builder is integrated. Moreover, the vocabulary ("the next version of Flex) is used for Gumbo at the time of Flex 3. But it is true that a clear confirmation from Adobe would be appreciated.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , ,