Thread: Problems with security software of iTunes

Problems with security software of iTunes

I am having some problem with the security software of iTunes. I am not having enough knowledge about it, so I thought that asking you guys would be useful. I have faced some problems like I was unable to activate iPhone using iTunes and also sometimes it was unable to synchronize content on iPhone or iPod.!! So please tell me some appropriate solutions that can help me. Any other information related to this topic would be grateful.

Re: Problems with security software of iTunes

The security software designed by companies other than Apple ("third party") can prevent iTunes and other Apple applications to communicate with Apple's servers or your PC resources. It is often possible to solve these problems by updating, by properly configuring or uninstalling security software. Check if the problem relates to a third party security software. Because many times such problem occurs due to third party, so you can resolve it after checking the software.

Some problems seem to come from a third party security software are in fact caused by other factors. Before making changes to your security software, check the following :
    • Make sure the date, time and time zone of your computer are set correctly.
    • You are logged in as administrator.
    • If your PC or your router uses proxy settings, do a test without using Internet proxy.
    • Run diagnostics integrated iTunes to test your connections and generate reports.

The security software vendors provide regular updates to their sites and lists of trusted applications. If you recently updated or installed new versions of Apple software, like iTunes or Safari, update your security software may solve the problem. To update your security software, first determine what security software you have installed. Several methods are available to you to determine what applications you have installed on your PC.
    • Click on the menu (or button) Start and see the list of programs.
    • Find out if security applications are listed in the notification area (bottom right of the taskbar).
    • Browse the applications installed under Control Panel> Add / Remove Programs.

After you update your security software, configure it properly to allow iTunes to contact Apple. The procedure to properly configure the security software varies and, to be sure to use proper procedure, consult the website of assistance or contact the manufacturer to get help.iTunes needs to contact Apple using the ports and servers:
    • Port 80
    • Port 443

iTunes also contact VeriSign servers when restoring and activating iPhone.

A number of problems may appear to come from a third party security software, so that the source of the problem is quite different. If a specific warning message appears, do a search at apple.com / support to see if there are other options before changing the security settings. If the steps outlined in an article does not solve the problem, then you need to troubleshoot your security software. The message "Unable to connect to the iTunes Store" may be several reasons other than security software.