Thread: Skype not ready for iphone os 4

Skype not ready for iphone os 4

Does Skype will not work on iPhone 4 or on iOS 4 upgrade. I want some solution for the same. I have a iphone 4 and I want to use Skype as my video conferencing suite. I found that Apple is giving a application called FaceTime in the the new iphone for chatting. But does that is enough. What about my friends group which are on Skype. What are the problem of this application on iPhone.

Re: Skype not ready for iphone os 4

The biggest problem in skype that you must have a live wifi to make calls. Skype allows its use over 3G network but that is not so stable in iPhone 4. You can call with your 3G connection. Calls to Skype users are free with 3G connection. After that, a low monthly fee will be charged. The sound is great for calls on Skype with broadband audio (codec SILK) on the iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2nd generation.

It true that there might be some limitation in using Skype on iPhone 4. The Skype 2.0 for iPhone is available on the AppStore. This new version of the communication tool now includes the VoIP calls on the 3G network. However, it is necessary that operators allow this function on their respective networks. All calls made via a 3G network will pay, whether Skype to a mobile, or between users of Skype.

I am using FaceTime this time to chat with my friends and not sure about Skype. But I heard that the same VoIP application is coming on iPad. The iPhone application currently works on iPad, but is not really suited to large screen. So that can reduce the quality of chat. At the same time should get an update from the Skype client for iPhone, which should support the iPhone in multitasking OS 4.

JiveTalk is a software which will satisfy all chatters on mobile. Indeed, JiveTalk is an instant messaging application compatible with AIM, iChat, MSN, Yahoo Messenger, Google Talk, ICQ, Jabber and MySpace IM. JiveTalk care of all your accounts together and retrieve a list of all your contacts. JiveTalk is the ideal software for instant communication on mobile.

I am using Heysan. It is for Android and it is a mobile web based service lets you use MSN, AIM, ICQ, Yahoo and GTalk accounts in your mobile phone. It does not matter where you aer in the world and what network or phone model you use. Heysan for Android Brings MSN, AIM, ICQ, Yahoo, and GTalk to your phone. You might need to install this suite on your phone and then chekc back.

If you are going to use FaceTime then you must know that it will not use Skype. FaceTime is the new software which Apple will offer video conferencing on your iPhone 4. Apple has presented its technology as an open standard and it will provide you for free. So if still skype does not works on the phone then you can use facetime and get video conferencing enabled on your phone.