Thread: YouTube is slow on the iPad

YouTube is slow on the iPad

I have an apple IPAD since I have my good days and you're set apart from YouTube is very slow to see unusable. With HD video,it does not load and with SD video, but it works very very slowly. It takes several minutes to upload videos under 2 minutes. With dailymotion or vimeo, no worries. There is this bug with YouTube in iPad.
    Last edited by JonathanD; 08-07-2010 at 05:17 AM.

Re: YouTube is slow on the iPad

Well I have a Bbox, and so is it is horrible to use youtube. In the video is super long to load, and it cuts over the middle, as if the buffer could not take everything, and therefore must be charged to watch the second half. Or even that he often makes me take the load of the video at the beginning . And besides, I noticed that it makes me like it on my 3G, maybe not that bad, then it seemed it was not before that. At the same time I do not use it often youtube. But with the iPad is more tempting, but suddenly no enhancement is quickly leaving the app.

Apparently, some are blocked completely IPAD is a short time (about 5 minutes) to be playing a video file, either their own and synchronized via iTunes, or viewing a video on Youtube. Being a hardware problem, can not be solved by turning off the IPAD or violently (Power + Home), or restoring the device through iTunes. Best of all is that Apple has started to collect the defective units and is sustiyendo new ones. If users are having this problem, the only solution is to call Apple and request the change.
    Last edited by Welsh; 08-07-2010 at 05:38 AM.

I also have this problem of slowness with the iPad (3G) wireless in general. I realized that in fact the reception was much better in portrait mode than landscape. In fact I wonder if just the left hand resting on the plastic covering the antennas would not by chance obstacle. But the hardware acceleration does not make that much difference. Any other ideas.

I had the opportunity to make viewings on YouTube many times this weekend and not worry about slow. Freebox mode modem connected to a Linksys WRT54G with wifi WPA2 TKIP AES. I will try to do a test with other user authentication / encryption just to see if there is an impact. But if you have a different suggestion you are welcome.

Roll on the complete test, jme also wonder how is the ownership of the object, not many people can say that it takes time to find the ideal position, too "heavy" to be held between the fingers, difficulty to type on the keyboard, etc. It still has the look as bluffing that the first grip of the iPhone: "oh damn, in the future!". You seem to listen good sound in M4E, you have not post in your forum or you give us some names!
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Then something new after a full battery of tests, I changed the encryption wpa + wifi + wpa + aes, and delays on YouTube seem to have disappeared ..... strange, I do not see how encryption would affect the flow in youtube. Even though i would suggest you to enable the hardware acceleration on youtube.