Thread: Ipod Touch Won't Recover, Reboot, etc.

Ipod Touch Won't Recover, Reboot, etc.

A weird problem has struck my Ipod. I am having this feeling because Ipod Touch Won't Recover, Reboot, etc.. I had my device connected to my computer that is running Windows Vista. After that, I tried formatting it there. But, no use, since I am not able to do so. Also, the iTunes cannot be recognized in my system. I have tried rebooting the device, but I am not able to that too. Please help me eradicate this problematic situation.

Re: Ipod Touch Won't Recover, Reboot, etc.

I guess that Ipod Touch Won't Recover, Reboot, etc. because there is some internal problem with this device. There is no need to worry. Just make sure that you do not play more with the settings of your device. This is because more issues may encounter into your IPod. Anyways, the solution that can be used is to take your device to an official gallery and let then, go about doing the repair and so on.

Just check out if the warranty of the IPod is still remaining or not. If yes, then you can take the device from where you had purchased and let them solve the issue about Ipod Touch Won't Recover, Reboot, etc. I guess that with this method, the repair of the device will be done for free. If you take your device to a gallery, then they will surely charge you if there is a problem with some internal component.

I cannot help you in the situation that Ipod Touch Won't Recover, Reboot, etc. But, I guess that I know why your IPod is not able to format in your computer or why your iTunes are not being recognized. The problem is that you are using the Windows Vista operating system. The software that is installed for the IPod to be recognized may be incompatible with the operating system.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

If the case is as mentioned by Bon-Z, then you will have to try formatting the device by connecting it in some other operating system. I suggest you to try out the same in the Windows XP operating system. Hopefully all the applications and softwares released are supported by this particular operating system. Only after trying this, take your device for a repair.

It is not possible to do the restore in a simple manner. There is a need to go into the DFU mode. In this particular mode, you will get many options. You have to use the one that allows you for the restore. I have faced a similar issue as yours because I was trying to do the restore directly. It was then, that someone suggested me that I must do the same in this particular mode.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I suppose that there may be many third party applications available, that can be used to recover Ipod Touch. Anyways, search the internet and try out your luck, if you can get any application or software. Even if you cannot get the particular softwares or applications, take the tool to the gallery as mentioned in one of the above posts. They may be having the required tools.