Thread: Error 14 Unknown in iTunes

Error 14 Unknown in iTunes

Hello, I've just updated my Mac Itunes, lighting, and while it was done, my friend, that I still wanted to launch iTunes ... Now when I launch iTunes, the following message appears: "The iTunes application could not be opened. An unknown error occurred (-14)". I have tried to search it on an Internet but nothing found regarding this error. Also I tried to do lot of things but was not successful.!! So thought that you guys can provide some help for me to sort out this problem.

Re: Error 14 Unknown in iTunes

I think you should follow the steps that I mentioned below :
    • Restore Problem
    • Reminder, always sync before you update or restore.
    • Go to ~ / Library / iTunes / iPhone Software Updates. In the Finder, you can choose Go> Go to Folder. Type or paste the path name above and click OK. - Delete all files in the iPhone Software Updates. - Try to restore the iPhone again.

And I am sure that will definitely help you in sorting out your problem.

You have not mentioned the operating system that you are using.!! So I have tried to give solutions for Windows XP and Windows Vista operating system. Try to do the following steps :
    • In Windows Vista, follow the instructions below: - Choose Start> Computer> Local Disk and type the following path: C: / users / [yourusername] / AppData / Roaming / Apple Computer / iTunes / iPhone Software Updates - Delete all files in the iPhone Software Updates. - Try to restore the iPhone again.
    • In Windows XP, follow the instructions below: - Choose Start> Run, then type C: / documents and settings / [yourusername] / Application Data / Apple Computer / iTunes / iPhone Software Updates - Delete all files in the iPhone Software Updates.

If the concern persists, delete the files contained in the folder "Device Support".
    S.P.A.M=Stupid Posts And Message

These errors can usually be resolved by following one or more of the steps listed below:
    1. Perform troubleshooting USB insulation, including a different USB port directly on the computer.
    2. Plug a USB 2.0 hub between the camera and computer.
    3. Try another USB cable dock connector to 30 pins.

Predictably, despite some ways probably exceptional implemented by Cupertino, Apple's servers find it difficult to resist against the pressure is very important that thousands of downloads. If you get messages in this spirit indicating an inability to connect to the iTunes Store, you're not alone. The best, in this case is to take his misfortune patiently waiting for the networks to relieve the pressure a bit.

I have observed that many iTunes users were facing similar type of problems. The following solutions have worked for many of them.
    • Remove conflicts from a third party security software by following the steps described in the article iTunes for Windows: troubleshooting of security software.
    • Third-party software installed can you change your default packet size in Windows by inserting an entry in your registry TcpWindowSize. This error may be due to a default packet size that is not properly defined. Contact the manufacturer of the software that generated the change in the size of the package to get help.
    • Plug your computer directly to the Internet source, without using a router, hub or switch. You may need to restart the computer and modem to connect.
    • Try restoring from another computer and another network that you know.

If you encounter an error in the ASR 1000 history updated iPhone or iPod, this indicates a problem of decompression and file transfer. IPSW downloaded during the restoration. This error is often due to interference with a third party security software, an Internet connection unreliable causing a problem downloading the IPSW file or a conflict in the USB bus.