Thread: iPod touch volume slider issues

iPod touch volume slider issues

The slider on my 1g ipod touches 3.0 doesn’t works appropriately. When I endeavor to augment the volume by moving the slider up, but when I allow the volume slider go, it involuntarily plunges back down to 0 so I can’t snoop to music at all. I am not able to understand this problem. What you think is this a software or firmware issue.?? Please provide me with some solutions that can be useful for solving this problem. Since, I am not able to use my iPod, please help as soon as possible.

Re: iPod touch volume slider issues

I was having the similar problem. Leaving to the Mac store hasn't helped, and when I christened the National support line they told me it was a hardware quandary and they wants me to send the units back to apple. I don't see how it can be a hardware difficulty when it's happening to three dissimilar Ipod's that were purchased in two unlike positions a few months apart. And in addition, if it's a hardware predicament, what better can they do than give me a brand new Ipod which the Mac Store already did, and that didn't help. So you can try your best by going to the Service Center or somewhere else where you can repair your iPod. But according to me, it's definitely a hardware problem.

I am also expecting some help from your side. To my surprise, I found this: When I connect my new iTouch to my hifi via the Apple dock (the Universal Dock connected elsewhere in the sector, its connection via mini-jack and two output jacks on the amp ), the sound output is incredibly low.But with the iTouch via the dock, I have to push the amp to its maximum. It is viable, but I'm down all the time sliders after using the connection because if I put my iTouch after a CD or radio, it will make me blow the circuits.. I'm surprised such a difference in volume. Basically, the iPod comes out to 20 db max. While iPods are bullied on the volume, which is a good thing, but here the difference is considerable. The output of the iTouch is really low, to the point of pushing all the other devices to their maximum, which is not ideal. So what to do for sorting this issue.??

I have been using a little dock connected to my kit 2.1 and I have no such problem with my iTouch. Just a stupid question but, you tried to mount the volume directly on the touch? Otherwise, either there is a problem on the touch, or on the dock (at the mini-jack output for example, or something of that kind here). Ideally, you could try another dock to have the heart net. You tried to remove the dock adapter to directly connect the iPod dock on taking naked? It suffices that the adapter has a small flaw that the connection does not come quite as it should. This would be a bit disappointing from Apple, but hey, it can always happen!!

I can say that this is problem that many iPhone users must be facing because I was also one of them But lastly I managed to sort out that problem. It was indeed a small problem related to plug the iTouch into the dock using the adapter. With the new adapter for the Touch, I was afraid of no force and stared at the camera properly. Now with a good connection I note that the signal from the iPod remains slightly below the direct source (CD, tuner), but nothing like the panic that made me post this question.

The following are the steps for setting iTunes to play songs at the same level of voice :
    • iTunes can automatically adjust the volume of songs, so they are read as the same relative volume.
    • In iTunes, choose iTunes> Preferences if you use a Mac or select Edit> Preferences if you use a PC, then click Playback and select Sound Check.
    • You can set the iPod touch to use the iTunes volume settings.

For Setting the iPod touch to use the iTunes volume settings. For doing that you will have to choose Music and turn the volume equalizer.

If the iPod touch does not play any sound, then :
    • Unplug and reconnect the headset. Make sure the headphone jack is fully engaged.
    • Make sure the volume is turned up.
    • It may be that the music of the iPhone - iPod Touch is paused. In the Home screen, click Music, and check the status.
    • Check if you have set a volume limit. In the Home screen choose Settings> Music> Volume Limit.
    • Make sure you are using iTunes 7.4 or later (go to www.apple.com / itunes ). Songs purchased from the iTunes Store using earlier versions of iTunes may not play on the iPhone - iPod Touch until you upgrade iTunes.
    • If you use the line-out port of the optional dock, make sure the external speakers or stereo are turned on and working properly.

Pause or adjust the volume of a song when it is blocked. If we locked the iPod Touch, double-click the menu button, and we see a menu with options to change the volume or change songs (front or back). Once we catch you the hang of the menu position we will be able to change songs or adjust the volume without having to remove it from where we have it and watch your screen.

I had the precise identical predicament. What you have to do is while a song is in performance, double click the menu button. If you understand that issue, it should pull up another volume control as an substitute of the main ipod/iphone menu. If it keeps skipping back to the main menu, put the ipod into coverflow mode then double click the menu button. Now you should pull up the other volume slider, then turn around back to normal and the dialog box should hang about. From there just fiddle with the volume slider. When you secure the box, it should unstick main volume slider. Did that and haven't had the problem come back.