Thread: Tether any phone to iPad via Bluetooth with no monthly plan

Tether any phone to iPad via Bluetooth with no monthly plan

I am wondering what occurs if we attach together Ipad and Iphone using their USB cables to USB hub. i.e similar to having a cable connecting mutually together. Then facilitate tethering on the iphone comparable to what you do when you attach iphone to a system. Nothing would occur. Immediately similar to what occurs when you plug an iPhone into the iPad using an iPod cable and the camera correlation kit.

Re: Tether any phone to iPad via Bluetooth with no monthly plan

What are the dissimilarity connecting wifi tethering and bluetooth tethering. Is one additional battery friendly on the phone or ipad. I have comprised not jailbroken my iPad, additional than if this is true, I might do that when I get my iPhone 4 in view of the fact that I determine to lose my jailbreak (at least for a diminutive at the same time as). What app would be utilized to accomplish this. From memory, yes the BT alternative is friendlier on the phone's battery additional than I in addition read that the speeds are slower than WiFi. Do not be familiar with if this is true.

The Korean KTF demonstrates Version or description of Tethering is permitted and I utilize it the entire the time to tether via BT to my Macbook. It is an Unlocked Iphone from HK. They do not permit for phones to be tied to a carrier. I utilize originate the tethering characteristic turns on and off depending on the country I am in. China (Shanghai) tethering is not permitted. Singapore it turns on.

My query is I am thinking of getting an Ipad for my work and I encompass been capable to do it on the Iphone additional than the screen is too diminutive and thus the Ipad would be just right. On the other hand, the interface is a web interface and thus requirements constant internet connectivity. I have been using the Macbook additional than have been thinking the Ipad would be superior. Purchasing the Ipad 3G would not run for me for the reason that Korea is one of 2 countries internationally that maintains a "White List" of phones and not a black list. Meaning I encompass to go through bureaucracy and pay a lot of money regarding $300 and 2~3 weeks for it to get permitted. On top of that the Mini-Sim is not obtainable here yet. Immediately wondering if tethering via BT is an alternative if tethering without Jailbreak or several additional software’s is previously permitted.

You would not be capable to tether your BB to the iPad. For a phone to be capable to tether to the iPad it would have comprised to go from side to side wifi. The PDA net sustains and maintains a work-around tethering to the system from side to side the USB cord. And if memory serves accurate that phone does not even have comprised wifi. In view of the fact that you are on Verizon perhaps upgrade to a palm pre plus and get the mobile hotspot characteristic for free and that determine to solve your difficulty by means of tethering.

I in addition have an 8830. I do not imagine the iPad sustains and maintains network correlation via Bluetooth without (or even by means of.) jail breaking. I am making an allowance for the Curve 2 or Palm Pre as probable next phones to hold up or maintain wifi tethering to my iPad and iPod Touch. You might get the camera correlation kit which gives you an iPod-dock-connector to USB host adapter along by means of an SD card reader. Additional than there are no drivers for concerning to several phone via cable (yet).

I have comprised that lots of ways to attach additional than as you point out, there is no driver solution. I determine to presently have to be patient and anticipate someone brighter than me figures it out. It's at least the OS on my BB. The PDAnet requires at least 4.6. Verizon simply lists 4.5 for the 8830. I installed it anyhow and got an error communication. If you encompass the minimum OS prerequisite, provide it a try. A Google search for PDAnet and Blackberry takes you right to the page. Go behind the commands for BT, which do not necessitate you to install the app on your system.