Thread: Apple iPad vs iPhone 4

Apple iPad vs iPhone 4

Hello,
    Now with the new iPhone 4 appeared, what do you think is it worth buying a iPad yet? The resolution is now so nearly identical on both systems, by the same processor etc. I am now also the times that derived from the surf on both systems should be equally fast. My new iPhone 4 with 32GB, the question is only whether the iPad will also need more. Any more discussion on this topic is appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Apple iPad vs iPhone 4

I am still waiting on my iPad, but I am been extensively tested with a friend. The letter by mail and surfing the Internet can not be compared with the naturally on the iPhone. One can really beautiful, Leave finger system and that makes even the right mood. My friend reports that he for browsing and emails no longer sits at his job, because with the iPad is as comfortable on the sofa. Whether that makes the iPhone so much fun, I doubt it, my fingers are too big for it. Whether you iPad which now need / want it or not, but you have to decide yourself. In principle, it does not need a man, if you have a computer and has an iPhone - at least not until one has the iPad held in the hand.

First, it is clear that the next iPad will have a front camera. Steve said that Apple "sold tens of millions of devices FaceTime this year so there will be many people who speak" But uh, Steve! The iPhone Is not 4 currently the only device with FaceTime? Unless the application will soon be paid to other devices? This does not mean that confirms new iPad with front camera out for the end of the year, even though Apple is expected at all. But later in the spring, when the iPad will be one year, there will certainly iPad with at least one front camera.

What can they still add another? Memory and a faster processor, probably, even if the iPad does not really seem to need to now. But with the advent of multitasking iOS4, the small amount of RAM embedded in the Apple Tablet may be more noticeable. So when the two iPad out with its camera and its high density screen.

The iPhone now displays four 940 x 640 pixels on its 3.5 inch screen. The screen of the iPad able 9.7 (it is 2.77 times greater). Applying this ratio stupidly, Apple would be able to equip its next iPad a screen 2605 x 1773 pixels. Not very credible. Full HD seems more likely and sufficient. And at this stage, we can also remember a "detail": While display manufacturers have all jumped on the Full HD 1920 x 1080, Apple has remained faithful to its 1920 x 1200 Apple LED Cinema Display 24-inch, also in IPS panel. It is therefore not surprising that new Apple does not like others. And even, we would prefer.

The new high density screen "Retina" of the iPhone 4 should logically be on the iPad too. Otherwise what would look the iPad the Apple Store next to the beautiful iPhone 4 high resolution? A quick calculation on a corner of sheet allows us to determine that iPad with the same pixel density as the iPhone 4 should have a resolution of 2660 × 1774 pixels. Fantastic. And terribly unlikely. Because it seems too cumbersome for the processor A4, even in a more swift.

The processor A4 Apple iPad that contains the very powerful. The memory consists of two blocks of 256 MB for a total of 512 MB which is double what is in the iPhone 3G in the iPad is therefore doubly effective. The iPad has plenty of free RAM about 250-270MB. Native applications are even more instantaneous.