Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Is the latest iPod Touch 32gb possible to jailbreak or not?

Portable Devices

Old 06-07-2010

Is the latest iPod Touch 32gb possible to jailbreak or not?

I have purchased a new 32 GB iPod Touch last month which is running on the older version of the operating system. But I am mood to install latest version of iOS 4 on my iPod Touch. That’s why I want to know is it possible to jailbreak the iPod Touch and if it is than how can I install the latest version of iPod touch. Please help me.

Old 06-07-2010

Re: Is the latest iPod Touch 32gb possible to jailbreak or not?

Yes, you can able to install the latest version of the iOS 4 on your iPod Touch. But the jailbreaking will going to effect the performance of your mobile phone. Like a battery consumption is more, processing speed becomes slower and you can see some of the problems is occur in the display. I would like you to suggest that you don’t have to perform the jailbreaking.
Old 06-07-2010

Version 4.0 is a GM for developers as the final version . This version will be the same at the left for all of the 4.0 is not dependent for non- developers as . It is possible that Apple blocks later after the restoration tutorial GM to 4.0 ( would surprise me but it's possible ) so if you do not want to risk having to restore 3.1.3 again I would recommend waiting until the official release of this iOS 4.0 . ITMFR.net not be held liable for any use outside of the standard GM 4.0 to developers as booked .
Old 06-07-2010

Requirements:
-Windows XP , Vista , 7
- BlackRa1n is also available on Mac OS but I always had problems with, then I recommend you do so on windows xD
- The iPod 3G , 3G , iPod touch 1g, 2g, 3g
The USB - cable
iTunes pre - installed
-your brain

Step 1

Connect your iPod / iPod touch to the computer directly to avoid bugs do not connect if possible to a hub

Step 2

Download on blackra1n.exe http://www.blackra1n.com ( RC3 now is that you download )

Step 3

Quit itunes and Launch Executive blackra1n.exe and click on "make it rain ".

Step 4

Wait about 3 minutes without touching anything (yes I know it is the most complicated step xD)

Step 5

You should find yourself henceforth with 3 pop - ups on your computer . You can click OK and check on your iPod / iPod touch if you have a small black drop called BlackRa1n .

Step 6

You can disconnect your iPod from the computer you connect to a wireless network and launch the application BlackRain on your iPod / iPod

Step 7

Select Cydia or Alternative Rock as market and if you want to select désimlocker also sn0w then click install (top).

Step 8

If everything went well, you should have a new icon on your homescreen : Cydia

Step 9 ( optional)

If you want to install third party applications from iTunes , you need to patch your iPod / iPod touch to accept it . For this run Cydia and add the following source: http://cydia.hackulo.us by going to manage, source / add. Once the input source, click add and it will install anyway. The source is installed, you can navigate in and install OS 3.1 Appsync .

Enjoy !
Old 08-07-2010

Thank you for sharing

I want to know does it work well on a Mac but it must cut itunes.
and small precision:

Once jailbroken , if you turn off your iPod ( That is to say , keeping the power button pressed and then slide off) , it turns on again after restoration !

All that is due to the protection built into the iBoot. Whether with the jailbreak or BlackRa1n redsn0w, once you turn off the iPod (not sleep eh), it moves into recovery and must redo the jailbreak and this is where BlackRa1n becomes more interesting because it Just click to the jailbreak. This is also valid for the iPod Touch V3 passing. So for now it's either you have a patient before you jailbreak total is used BlackRa1n but you have a PC + BlackRa1n on hand to turn it back.
Old 09-07-2010

Redsn0w 0.9 can jailbreak iPhones and iPod Touch to Firmware 3.0 or 3.1.2 , install Cydia , change the boot logo ( the apple iphone boot ) without having to restore if you are already jailbroken !

Compatibility:
  • All Models iPhone and iPod touch.
  • Windows and Mac OSX (x86).
  • Apple firmware 3.0 and 3.1.2
The new iPod Touch 2G, 3G and the iPhone 3G (new iBoot)

- The jailbreak is still tethered. (Just restart Redsn0w or BlackRa1n each restart to re- activate the jailbreak. Requires a computer, but your applications are stored)
- Customization of the boot logo is not possible for new models

Redsn0w is not as fast as BlackRa1n but it offers more variation.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,