Thread: iPhone 3G- How to use no data plan?

iPhone 3G- How to use no data plan?

I just got a nice deal on the 3G iPhone and wanted to know that can i make the same Sim Card from AT&t Razr to unlock it so that i can work with the same. As my Sim card is not having any data plane activated yet. So i am not sure that it is possible as it is heard that 3G is not yet hacked. If any one can please help me regarding this topic. Thank you.

Re: iPhone 3G- How to use no data plan?

As per my knowledge it is possible to make the same but until an unless AT&T will find it. I have got to know about the same from the one of my friend who is using the same data plan for the phone. And that is why i can assure you that it is possible to make the data plan working for the iPhone 3G. So work with the same.

I am not agree with the above replies. As i don't think so that it is possible as the plan is coming with the 2 years contract that is giving the with the Sim Card. So if you go with the another SIM card then how will you cancel the other plan running on the same until and unless you will not get it completed. So according to me it is impossible.

Let me clear this in advance. Actually i am not going to buy the plan from the AT&T or from the Apple store. I am trying to make this with the Razr sim card only. I will not going to activate the sim card with the iTunes as it is already registered. So now is it possible to make the jailbreak as i am looking for. I hope it will work.

It is possible to make the same that you are looking for but for that you have to take care of some of the important step that will help you for the same. You have to jailbreak by disabling the edge and 3G. So for that just get into the Cydia and then download the Boss Prefs. It is having the option that will completely disable the EDGE or 3G. So do the same and get it working.

I am having the same issue with the iPhone 2G and wanted to make it work SO i have gone through the DATA Plan hack and it works for me without notifying with the Apple or ATT&T. So i think you should have also try this so that you can get it working. I hope this will work for you. Also let us know whether it is working for you or not.

I have gone through the same that you people suggested me to do and let tell you that i have achieved the same with the help of then Boss Prefs which was suggested by the above reply. I am not having any kind of issue with it. So many thanks for the help that is given by you. I will ask more if there is any