Thread: iPod Touch headphone jack suddenly stopped working!!

iPod Touch headphone jack suddenly stopped working!!

I am having an iPod Touch 32 GB. I am using this from last 6 months. My iPod is working fine till yesterday and there is no problem with this anymore. But today when I try to use it to listen some songs. I found the head phone jack is not working. I don’t know what happen to do here. It is not a very old device, but it fails to work properly. I had tried testing out different headphones also but they are also not responding. Want some help on it.

Re: iPod Touch headphone jack suddenly stopped working!!

I have the solution that worked for me. I found after going through several forums I think that the problem is that the iPod connection jack is slightly too deep which prevents the jack to plug completely. Simply place a very delicately small piece of aluminum foil in the bottom of the connection to allow the socket to connect properly.

Re: iPod Touch headphone jack suddenly stopped working!!

I had gone through this problem a few time ago. And it is very annoying to fix. It is actually due to a contact which is located within the audio jack of iPod headphones. And it does not work if you do not fit that properly. It remains unplugged and you have to press tight for having proper contacts for the same. If it does not work a few time you tried fixing it you have to contact the service center.

I do the same with a piece of electrical wire a tiny bit . The only problem is that the sound in both headphones is not proper. It is a very common bug with other devices also. And it occur if you are using many different type of headphones on one device. You must use only and that too the official one. Then kind of issue does not appear. When my official iPod headphone stopped working I bought a cheaper one from the market. And I might have changed 4 to 5 and this issue occurred. I am going to give it to repair to the local service center.