Thread: Modding iPhone's Mini Sim Card to iPad's Micro Sim Card

Modding iPhone's Mini Sim Card to iPad's Micro Sim Card

If you might have seen iPhone's sim card then you might think of to cut it get it fixed into your iPad's micro sim slot. Later on you can even keep the remaining card piece if you want to use it once again on your iPhone. So this clearly indicates the same card can be used on both the iPhone and the iPad and the size is the only difference in the two cases. Is this true? Have you ever tried it and had any experience which you can share with us? I would prefer someone's comments on this before I can do the exact same thing discussed so far!

Re: Modding iPhone's Mini Sim Card to iPad's Micro Sim Card

Yes, you can cut it to let it work on iPad and then reuse the same card residue to reuse on iPhone. Apple don't care about how and where you get your data plan, they are more concerned that you have one. The only problem is if you use the same iPhone sim on your iPad then you might underwent into a trouble like extreme data usage.

Yes converting your iPhone's Mini SIM card into iPad's Micro SIM card. All you need is a plastic cutter in order to cut the extra part of mini sim card and convert into macro sim card. However I am not quiet sure if you can reuse your macro size sim card for your iPhone once again. But you can try out with some old card.

No it certainly doesn't work. I have tried this tweak. Although you can cut the card into the shape of micro sim card for your iPad and it didn't worked on my iPad computer. The worst case was that when I tried to reuse this card on my iPhone, it didn't worked on it also. I, thus, had bad experience on my end.

I have some recommendations for you all and all the people who are either trying to waiting for this kind of modification to be done. If you have not done then you can certainly try it out but make sure to don't reach the golden part of the card, otherwise it will corrupt your card. If you have tried but still it is not working then try to contact Apple and ask if your card will be supported.