Thread: Internet without Wifi on iPod Touch

Internet without Wifi on iPod Touch

My dad has gifted me an Apple iPod Touch 32 gb. I am looking for a way to use internet on my iPod Touch but this device does not have WiFi connectivity. There is some Podcast feature on my iPod model so there must be a way to use the internet on my device? So, can anyone tell me how do I use internet on my iPod Touch? Thanks for any suggestions in advance.

Re: Internet without Wifi on iPod Touch

Sorry. You wont be able to use internet on your iPod Touch without WiFi. Because wifi is necessary to use internet therefore you must have WiFi support on your iPod. I have checked that most of the iPod Touch models come with the Wifi support inbuilt so you should check it inside the settings and there should be an option to turn on Wifi network on your iPod. If it is not present then you surely have some other iPod device.

You should be able to choose from the free Wifi which is available from wireless hotspots like Starbucks, McDonald's, etc. If you want to connect to internet then you will require a WAN connection from ISP. You will need to get an Internet Plan from an ISP and a broadband modem or gateway to provide a connection to the ISP. You can also go for a wireless router that will provide you Wifi to your ipod but still you will need a ISP plan ad some type of interface to access the Internet servie provided by the ISP.

Without wifi or any other kind of communication built into the iPod Touch you will not be able to connect to the internet. You will need an internet data connection to even send text messages or email text to a recipient carrier's gateway. The iPod Touch has only got one single way to interact with the internet with the support of wifi only. You can find internet based texting apps for iPod Touch but these apps use an internet connection to send or receive anything.