1. Google Mobile App
Search Google quickly using your voice and your location.
Google Mobile App includes the following features:
- Search by voice - speak your queries in American, British, Indian or Australian English accents, also supports Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, French, German, Italian, Spanish and Korean.
- Just talk - simply hold your iPhone to your ear and say your query
- My Location - avoid typing your current location when searching for nearby businesses (e.g. "pizza" or "starbucks")
- Google Suggest - tap suggested web search queries and local businesses that appear as you type
- Search history - quickly search again for queries you recently performed
- Contact search - search your phone's contacts.
- Vertical search - search Google Maps, Images, News, and Shopping
Google Mobile App also links to Google's other applications so that you can easily navigate to them.
2. Yellow Pages
Yellow Pages has been reinvented. It auto locates where you are and gives you relevant search results based on your location. You’ll quickly realize why the OneTap search and usability optimization technology saves you valuable time and is easier to use. It also includes quick search shortcuts for most commonly used terms. This is hands-down a must-have 1st screen app for your mobile device.
- Mobile device locates where you are and uses GPS to find your relevant local results
- Interactive map with driving directions to each business
- Modify your default location
- Business results are displayed based on your current location
- Find local businesses
- Quick Searches: Shortcuts for most commonly used search terms like Pizza, Auto Services, Doctors, Restaurants, etc.
- Tap on the plus sign to add business info to your Contact Book
- Tap on the map for driving directions
- Single tap-to-call option
SkyGrid allows you to see and share the events, people, and topics spreading the fastest across the Web, right as they’re happening. SkyGrid is the best way to view current events right as they're happening.
Most Popular Features
- Featured Streams (the fastest spreading events, people, and topics across the Web)
- Instant Categories (Sci & Tech, Travel, Business, Entertainment, and more...)
- Make your own Favorites (save keywords you want to get updates on)
- Make your own Favorites with Categories with just one tap
- Sharing with Facebook, Twitter, and email
- Live Streaming updates
- Alert notifications
- Instant viewing of the Web
- SkyGrid "Featured Streams" show the fastest spreading events, people and topics, right as they're happening
- SkyGrid streams information from all over the Web (mainstream news, social sites, blogs, etc)
- The patented technology behind SkyGrid uses a unique algorithm that determines Information Velocity, or the events, people, and topics spreading the fastest across the Web
- By determining what is spreading the fastest, SkyGrid connects you with only the most important events, people, and specific things you care about
- Sharing with Facebook, Twitter, and email makes it easy to share the way you want
4. Amazon Mobile
The Amazon Mobile app allows iPhone, iPad and iPod touch owners to very quickly search, shop, compare prices, read reviews, and make purchases on Amazon.com using a simple, yet elegant, interface. Amazon customers have full access to their existing cart, wish lists, payment and shipping options, order history, 1-Click (R) settings, and Prime membership benefits. All purchases made on Amazon Mobile are routed through Amazon’s secure servers just as they are on the web. All prices are in US Dollars.
For the iPhone and the iPod Touch, the Amazon app also includes a new experimental feature called Amazon Remembers that allows you to use the camera on your iPhone to create a visual list of things you want to remember while out-and-about. The photos you take from the app are stored on both the Amazon Mobile app and Amazon’s website. If the item you want to remember is a product, Amazon Remembers will even try to find an product similar to your photo for sale on the web. If we do, we’ll send you an e-mail alert and post the result along with the photo.
Amazon Mobile is great for:
- Buying favorite new book while waiting for an appointment
- Comparing prices from Amazon and thousands of other merchants to those in the retail store you are visiting
- Shopping for the full selection of products available from Amazon.com
- Purchasing and gift wrapping your holiday gifts while on the go
- Browsing product images and reading customer reviews while on the bus or train
- Tracking the status of a recently-placed order when you’re away from your computer
- For the iPhone app, using Amazon Remembers to match and find a pair of shoes for sale like the one the person sitting next to you is wearing
- For the iPad app, watching movie trailers and listening to music samples.
5. iTeleport Jaadu VNC
iTeleport gives you full control of your computer's mouse and keyboard while providing a rich visual display of your computer screen on your iPhone or iPod Touch.
iTeleport connects to any device running a VNC server and is currently the only VNC client for iPhone that allows you to see all of your displays full-size, with no screen resolution limits.
- A touchpad interface for mouse control and screen navigation
- Remote and Modifier menus for access to arrow, function and special keys, as well as shortcuts to common actions
- Easy setup instructions
- A connection utility that automatically configures router and network settings
- Support for Mac, Windows, Linux, and AMX Touchscreen Interfaces
- Support for ultra-high resolutions -- we've successfully tested on two Apple 30-inch Cinema displays with a combined resolution of 5120 x 1600!