Thread: MobileTerminal Not Launching In iOS 4

MobileTerminal Not Launching In iOS 4

I have updated my 8GB iPod touch 2G to iOS 4 recently it released out and jailbroke this with the redsn0w 0.9.5b5-4 and performed the installation of MobileTerminal application through the Cydia. But when I try to open it up then it comes up the half-black, half-keyboard screen then promptly quits. I have also searched for the solution on the developers' Google Code page, but I got unable to find anything there . Anyone of you have same issues with the MobileTerminal to run in iOS 4 or any troubleshooting suggestions?

Re: MobileTerminal Not Launching In iOS 4

This is not only the issue with that you are suffering with ,There are several has posted such types of issues as the feedback on the apple forums and you can get that from the official site of the Apple corporation . There are number of Cydia applications have been running with the issues on iOS 4 but that is for the causes that Developers haven't ported their application for iOS 4 now . Developers will eventually get to that.

They have released an "unstable" version of the same tool and it works within the iOS4! You have to make the installation of this properly . For installation of this one tool, you have to first install the recently mobileterminal in cydia (maybe important) then after just download the file from google with the suggested link : http://code.google.com/p/mobileterminal/downloads/list .. Just browse via the /Applications/ and replace the old Terminal.app with the new one Respring

there you go!

Hey dude , I am ust considering about your issues now but there is some confusions in the way. Please clear it all. You have to give me some more information about the same. Can you do it please? Would you tell me what happens when you launched this ? Have you respringed after performing the installation of this ? Have you performed the installation of recent mobileterminal version before installing this one?

I am suffering with the same issue here and searching for some different method to finalize the issue and then I got something interesting and the same here could not get this to work.

1. Install the MobileTerminal from Cydia and then respring
    2. Remove out the Terminal.app
    3. Copy the downloaded terminal.app
    4 Respring

Just open it up and then it flashed that all could not open at all ...

I again launched the redsnow jailbreak on my 3G and considered to make disable the multitasking (after suffering with a sluggish battery guzzling phone all over day). Entirely, I did was re-run redsnow and removed the check for the 3G multitasking box and ran cydia twice and allowed the update whatever it considered was appropriate and currently there is some version of mobile terminal on my phone which is working.functioning at all I didn't connect to itunes . I think, I am working with the 426 dev build - mobile terminal seems different than I guess ... clicking on the (i) icon redirects me to a page where none of the preferences performs any operations at all. About doesn't do anything so I am unable to read the back version.

I issued according to some suggestion discussed before (426 Unstable) via SSH from the command line and found this:

iPhone:/Applications/Terminal.app mobile$ ./Terminal
    dyld: Symbol not found: _OBJC_CLASS_$_UITile
    Referenced from: /private/var/stash/Applications.Hh7WNY/Terminal.app/./Terminal
    Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/UIKit
    Anyone here would suggest me something about this ?????????