Thread: failed jailbroken ipod touch(2G) wont restore!

failed jailbroken ipod touch(2G) wont restore!

I have an 2nd gen iPod touch which I have purchased near about 2 months ago, now I have some problems with that and I know this is little bit my mistakes here . I have done the jail braking of iPod and it goes little bit wrong and now it is not going for booting after a lot of attempts to start this. I put into DFU mode and when I try to restore it, it occurred an error message as "unknown error 1603". please help me to sort out this issue !

Re: failed jailbroken ipod touch(2G) wont restore!

This can be occurred because of the following causes explained below and you have go with every steps and I am sure, anyone of this can solve your issue..

1- You have to update the iTunes and iPhone, and for updating the iTunes, you should have to do the following things :
    • Windows: Choose Help > Check for Updates.
    • Mac: Choose iTunes > Check for Updates.

2- Simply reboot your Mac or Windows system which can allow you to properly restore your iPhone.

3- You need to plug your iPhone with a different USB port on your Mac or Windows enabled system. USB 2.0 ports which are built-in to the machine are preferred first . After performing this all of things , attempt to restore your iPhone in iTunes.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Restarting the Apple Mobile Device service on Windows XP or Windows Vista installed machine may facilitate you to perform the restoration of iPhone properly . You can make it possible with the help of following suggested steps below for your version of Windows. But one thing should be remember that You have to log in with the administrator account for such steps :

1. Exit from iTunes if open and unplug the iPhone.
    2. Click on Start menu and choose control Panel.
    3. From the Control Panel, open up the Administrative Tools.
    4. Then after choose the Services icon and open it up.
    5. Choose Apple Mobile Device and click on the Stop the service.
    6. When the service get stopped, click Start the service.
    7. After the Apple Mobile Device service has booted again, open up the iTunes and plug in the iPhone.
    8. Choose iPhone from the Source list, click on the Summary tab and then after click on the Restore.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

You are not going through the proper way of restoring the iPhone and you need to reset the iPhone sync history and then after do the restore. For resetting your Sync History, you have to do the following things as stated below :

1. Open up the iSync.
    2. select iSync => Preferences.
    3. Click on the Reset Sync History button specified .

When you will commit this to done then , you can be able to restore the iPhone now . In order to this, if you are unable to solve the issues then you have to go for the restoring procedure with the help of a new one User account..

My son has an 8G iPod Touch 1G which I haven't jailbroken or modified before in anyway different than changing the battery six months ago. Before some days , the device wouldn't get bootup. It would display the apple logo for some seconds and then automatically turned off .

I have performed a tonne of research on different recovery methods, but I am getting the same evaluation of all those things . This is what I have tried so far:

* Standard Restore from Restore mode
    * Restore from DFU mode
    * Downgrading to an older firmware such as (3.0.7, 2.2.1, 1.1.4) with the help of an previously released iTunes (7.6.2)
    * With the help of Ziphone to force this out of DFU mode
    * Letting it sit for 48 hours

I didn't encountered this type of issue before but when I read your thread. I discussed about this issue to others and there are some suggestion here for you to do .. You can go for restoring the pre configured settings of your iPod first and then plug this with your compute system and it should work as it did in case of my ipod nano.

My computer system was unable to recognize my ipod and try restoring the iPod from the ipod settings menu.. I hope, this very method would work for you ..

Thanks and best of luck ..