Thread: Creative CMV video format used by Zen MX

Creative CMV video format used by Zen MX

I estimate the Zen MX was released as a cheaper version or description of the Zen for people who merely desire it for music. No video codecs = no license fees. For video playback the visualization series or the X-Fi2 are additional suitable, they even encompass TV-out capability. So, much to my dismay my previous Creative Zen Micro 5gb bricked on me this morning immediately as I was heading out the door on my approach to run. Its do not and gone subsequent to 7 years, additional than I figured this would be the most excellent time to get that upgrade I would always been thinking regarding.

Re: Creative CMV video format used by Zen MX

That's not the method or technique the product was advertised by Creative, it was advertised as an enhancement to its predecessor the ZEN. This is how it was advertised: "Carrying the signature trademark of its award-winning antecedent the Creative ZEN, the ZEN MX delivers the similar characteristic-packed particularly portability, additional than is at present enhanced by means of incredible value and convenience of use.

In a predicament in excess of what songs or movies to upload to your player. Limited media capability is no longer a difficulty, for the ZEN MX comes by means of a built-in SD card slot which facilitates you have right of entry additional music, photos and videos in your memory card." If this product was anticipated as a music-only player, why then bother adding (And advertising) the video "capability" and DVD-ripping "capabilities" There are numerous cheap music-merely mp3 players out there, I do not observe why Creative have to jump on that.

Well it is true. It tranquil does play videos, even though the additional storage capacity by means of sdcards is kinda desirable for those big CMV files. I do consider that the sdcard incorporation is much superior on the MX, right. It's immediately cheaper for the reason that the lack of codecs, which is a disappointment. Creative be supposed to not have cheaped out on that. I must say that advertising it by means of "DVD-ripping capability" is quite daring. Additional than individually I by no means purchase anything previous to checking what it is capable of. Even most online shops have the supported formats scheduled.

I have the same opinion a superior informed purchaser is a happy one, additional than there's the tribulations, I owned a ZEN, (Lost in an accident) and I have forever loved it, then based on the ad here and my experience by means of the ZEN, I had purchased 4 MXs, for me. Let's agree on the information in sequence that the ad here was not merely a disappointment, additional than in addition misleading, (I am not talking regarding intention) in fact I would not be surprised if somebody raises legal issues here, it might be ridiculous, additional than it might occur.

One way or an additional was supposed to be an improvement, a superior ZEN, not a downgrade. Why do I call it a downgrade. For the reason that you would not be capable to store as much video on an 8 GB MX as you might accumulate on a 4 GB ZEN. The incorporation of the card, much desirable and appreciated certainly, is an annoyance to say the less, due to the steady rebuilding of the library on the card (Off topic, additional than tranquil) even though there has not been no changes on it, when it be supposed to have been conditioned to those changes. In addition subsequent to rebuilding the "Now playing" characteristic does not run at the entire.

The MX is not as user friendly as the ZEN, the copy and attach of the video files is gone unless you encompass them formerly converted via Central to this monstruos file size video. Cent rate is not as uncomplicated and user friendly as the one that came by means of the ZEN, the majority users complain regarding it. This might tranquil be an overwhelming player, additional than according to my findings Creative is playing deaf on numerous of these issues, by means of a superior revamping firmware upgrade the majority of the issues might be fixed, additional than I am afraid the ZEN MX is disappearing.