Thread: How to fix problems of Sansa 8gb?

How to fix problems of Sansa 8gb?

I have recently bought the Sansa 8gb and I am not having enough idea about it. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to delete albums or songs recorded and if so, how? I have tried to do lot of things but nothing has worked.!! So thought that you guys can help me in solving this problem. Expecting that someone hanging out there would be interested in helping me..

Re: How to fix problems of Sansa 8gb?

I would like to suggest you the following suggestions :
    1. If, in the options, there SUB mode, change it (except error MSC). This solves the problem.
    2. If this option is not present, it is necessary to update the firmware:
      1. Stop the reader
      2. Set HOLD ON (lock)
      3. Press the left button (<<) and does not release!
      4. Connect the cable to drive (already connected to the PC)
      5. Wait, the player starts, it is normally recognized
      6. Once recognized, release the left button (<<)
      7. Update the firmware, then make a point) for the following connections

Such it has worked well with a song and after copying it hangs over 5GB on "Refresh Database", and forced to turn it off by forcing (button 20sec). I was having the similar problem and atlast I managed to flash the firmware! To correct the post Ploxien is indeed the REC button and not the left (<<) to be let down. MSC mode is cool to copy music directly but scan the music (and bug) every time for me ... I will re-test with MTP we'll see!!

I think that you should have an idea about the MSC for doing the troubleshooting of Sansa 8gb. The protocol for mass storage device ( USB mass storage device class , or USB MSC) is a set of communication protocols used to communicate between a computer and an external device. Currently, MSC is the USB protocol the better managed by Ubuntu for communicating with a portable media player, and for good reason: a player is recognized just like a removable hard drive or USB stick. (MSC is the official acronym referring to the mass storage device, in common parlance, we can also meet the acronym UMS unofficial.)

Increasingly, manufacturers are moving away this protocol. One reason is that this protocol is generic: a MSC device is recognized as a hard disk. It does not differentiate the nature of the device, does not represent its capabilities and does not allow specific software to exploit the capabilities of the device. A second reason is that MSC does not support technological protection measures, imposed by the arts industry in some digital audio and video content. The MTP protocol is designed to fill these gaps. If your player is compatible with USB MSC, it will be recognized as an external hard drive with Ubuntu and you can manage its content as if it were a USB drive with your file browser.
    S.P.A.M=Stupid Posts And Message