Thread: iPhone & Address Book Sync Issues

iPhone & Address Book Sync Issues

I have a synchronization problem between my iPhone and my Outlook 2007. I use the option of sync via mobileme and after running for two days when I start my computer there is a error that tells me there is a problem with syncserver. At that time my outlook icon in the taskbar will flash.The sync of Addressbook does not work at all. It was working fine before and I had not changed any settings there.

Re: iPhone & Address Book Sync Issues

In trying to solve my iphone sync problem of my iphone with Outlook 2003. I found a solution for that. In your iPhone go to Settings and then click on Mail, Contact and Calendar. Then at the bottom of the page see the Local time. Press that and then disable local time. Then sync again and check back the problem is solved. It worked for me I hope it will be the same for you.

I had the same problem that was solved as well. But the new problem suddenly appeared after the change made tot he system. I get my sms or mms there is a time when I am not getting any notification. I have to any how reset my phone. But this will loose all your contacts and other settings. So beware before resetting your phone. Just run a factory settings and then checkback.

It is possible that one of two regional parameter is mis-configured in the pone. In my case, I use outlook 2007 and sharepoint 3.0 calendar. I spended hours to manage the same. I am trying to sync the outlook on the sharepoint network. I had added all my events and appointment on Outlook 2007 and the sharepoint receives all of them. It is easy to update. But I am not getting it on iphone.

Recently my Outlook 2007 refused to synchronize the calendar with my iphone and itunes. tried everything and erasing everything but nothing work. I had reset everything also. After one week I called the Apple support after the usual checks and they tool me that this is due BUG in version 9.1 of itunes. It is better to have newest version of iTunes. Just run the update and then check back.

I had a problem after two attempts I tried some solution. At first a problem in Outlook Contacts the addresses were misconfigured when I fetching from Contacts to send an email. I did export the contacts in form of Excel file. Addresses are now well configured for sending. you might need to check this out. Update your contacts first and then retry to sync it with iphone.

There can be a problem of sync between iphone and computer. For now, I had adjusted the conventional sync mobileme for free. The Apple email support has enabled me to uninstall and reinstall iTunes to complete. In fact when you just uninstall the software form control panel then that is just not enough . You also need to clean some more files from the registry. Run CCleanner.