Thread: Cydia Crashes and won't Open

Cydia Crashes and won't Open

Many people have problems with having made Cydia update and the same crash. I am also now a part of it. In my phone during installation it crashed and now it is not opening up. A solution which I found on a site does not work. I need some proper solution for the same. Since yesterday cydia no longer works in my phone and while updating the screen it goes black and then the application closes.

Re: Cydia Crashes and won't Open

You may have noticed from now on Cydia after reloading data, the application crash. The problem has been identified, it is actually a damaged package on the repository ZodTTD causes these unwanted crash. You have two options either you wait for an update from ZodTTD's repository or just delete that manually. For that connect with SSH to your iPhone. Go to the following address: private / etc / apt / sources.list.d. Delete the file ZodTTD.list and then reboot your iPhone. Cydia is again fully operational now

For a little tweaking I just wanted to installs some ssh games and I do not know what I did. My system is working slow. Here I had hard reset my phone and now it is working. But now I had loose everything I got on the phone. I do not think it is Cydia is so nice and it works worst with firmware 2.1. I filled my application that crashes such as you it not working. It is not a stable app. You will need to re-jailbroke your phone.

I have a little problem with cydia. Since yesterday cydia crash just after the launch. I have read in cydia HELP section that installer4 is the solution but it does not work. I cannot log into SSH because I just moved towards the internet to find out some solution. I got a soluton for the same. It is a problem that happens when you change the rights of Cydia. Cydia needs specific enough rights to run. The easiest way is to reinstall Cydia.

Yes, if you replace the files by those listed there is a strong chance that it regenerates Cydia. There is a tutorial for the specific problem of updating firmware 3.0. You can find that on official site of Cydia. Cydia help is reserved for firmware 2.x Install no longer supported in firmware 3.0 it will not be updated. Find your profile in the User Control Panel indicating the signing of your configuration

Another possible problem with Cydia that can hang on a source at the launch of the application. That is for example you can get a error about downloading packages. In this case you need to use Putty if you're running Windows or the terminal if you Mac or Linux and type these commands : ssh root@adresse_IP_wifi_iphone then press enter and then type apt-get update. Read the information displayed on the screen, and then locate the defective source.3

It is correct that by locating the defective source you can locate the Cydia. Once you get the exact file which is not working then go through ssh in the directory / private / etc / apt / sources.list.d and delete the file. List whose name matches the source defective, and if you do see such a file, open the file Cydia.list, and delete the line that contains the name of the source. You can restart Cydia. If that does not work then re-install Cydia.