Thread: Best Video Format, Bitrate & Resolution for zen X-Fi2

Best Video Format, Bitrate & Resolution for zen X-Fi2

I newly got my X-Fi2 and I want to gaze at videos at full quality on the monitor at the lowest possible file size to continue abundance of room for other stuff like music or more films, so sooner than I start converting films, would anyone suggest the unsurpassed conversion settings to do this (uppermost bitrate before you start to notice no superiority variation, same goes for resolution). Also if anyone using this, are you facing this problem(I would like to hear an opinion about this product from you). Please tell me about the best Video Format, Bitrate & Resolution for X-Fi2. Help me as soon as possible.
    Last edited by archer; 04-07-2010 at 03:45 AM.

re: Best Video Format, Bitrate & Resolution for zen X-Fi2

I am not familiar with Creative, they might be having their own converter, didn't come across it in the Creative Central. At the same time as using a 3rd party converter (Prism Video Converter) I've endeavor playing MP4 video files on the player but none of them employment, even ones converted with diverse profiles premeditated for ipods, iphones & PSPs, WMV & AVI videos can playing (except for AVI Xvid which seems to have the best quality when played in Windows Media Player). My Walkman had no tribulations playing these videos. Also, I known you can play 640 x 480 video on the X-Fi2 but does that make any eminence difference considering as the screen is 400 x 240?

The second version of the popular Creative Zen X-FI has a special feature, since this is his first music player with touch screen MP3 format. In fact, Creative Zen X-FI2 only incorporates a button in the front, allowing you to access the main menu from where we are (in the style of the Apple iPod Touch). At the level of the screen that incorporates features is 3 inches, and develop a resolution of 400 x 240 dots per inch. In addition, the light quality is not as high as the iPod, reflexes appreciated more than we expected. The fact of incorporating this screen makes it somewhat bulkier (10.2 x 5.7 x 1.1 cm), while maintaining an acceptable weight of 75 grams.

On the other hand, from the standpoint of functionality, is able to play music in MP3, WMA, Audible4, unprotected AAC (which can be found in iTunes Plus) or FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec, open source) . It also supports photos in JPEG and BMP (although it includes software to convert from other formats like Tiff, for example) and videos (WMV9, MPEG4-SP3). It also accepts some videos in DivX and XviD, but the product is not certified to do so.

As far as audio quality is concerned it is certain that this is a really interesting product because it develops a pretty good audio clarity reinforced by the X-Fi technologies, X-Fi Crystalizer and Expand, integrated into the system, can improve the sound quality. The sound quality also contribute EP-630 headphones included, adjustable button-type silicon that fits very well in his ear. In addition, the same slot the headset also serves to connect the audio and video output to an external source and share the content of Zen X-FI2, although the cable that allows us this function is sold as an accessory. It also has an integrated speaker that allows us to listen without the headphones though, logically, the audio quality drops considerably. It also includes a microphone that allows us to record external sounds.

Although the Zen X-Fi2 has a widescreen, it give the impression to default any 640x480 or 320x240 files (with veto internal widescreen/anamorphic tags) to the axis of the screen - like 4:3 television on a 16:9 set. That essentially means any widescreen files saved in this format may end up having black unfilled space all the technique around on the top, bottom, left, AND right. So, saving the above (widescreen) splitter DVD files to a 480x272 size works out actually well. (Or 640x364 if you want a diminutive higher resolution for when you connect your player to a TV.) This make certain the movie will fill the screen from left to right and leave black bars only at the top and bottom for those gigantic, theatrical widescreen movies. (2.35:1 ratio or whatever...) I also perceived that the file size divergence from the lower to higher resolution is almost negligible.

When positioned at a declaration you be acquainted with your Zen will participate, but with a bitrate of 2000, it comes out therefore, but the Zen still reject to play it. The highest (bitrate wise) I could engage in recreation was a 1357Kbps Xvid with 624x352 resolutions at 25.00fps. According to the formula exceeding that should be 686.4Kbps, but it's not. I think bitrate is not just a purpose of resolution*fps, but also accounts for the class of the picture in divx/xvid encoding. Such encoders do not save every frame. I believe the formula above only be appropriate to older video formats like mpeg1 (which, regrettably, the Zen X-Fi 2 does not support anymore (Zen Vision did)).

Finally, Zen X-FI2 incorporates a utility that lets you receive updates through RSS, though, lacks of technologies such as 3G or WiFi, to synchronize we connect the device via USB (USB mini specifically, in the case of X-Zen FI 2 as in the Zen Mosaic EZ 300. We would have seemed more interesting to have microUSB, which is the format that is being imposed in most Smartphones chargers).