Thread: Upgrade to iphone 4.0 from 3.1.3

Upgrade to iphone 4.0 from 3.1.3

I am submitting my own iphone 3gs ( log version 3.1.3 ) connected to itunes (version 9.1.1 ) . Every time I click update because itunes tells me that indeed a newer version is available for the iPhone , I have a window that says my version of itunes is up to date , it simply means I updated itunes but not the software of the iphone. Please suggest how to upgrade to iphone 4.0 from 3.1.3. Thanks.

Re: Upgrade to iphone 4.0 from 3.1.3

Once plugged in the iPhone and iTunes 9.2 launched, click on " Synchronize "To backup the contents of your iPhone on iTunes .This step is important not to losing your data!
    * The search for the new version 4.0 is done iOS
    Either automatically
    * Either way manually
    * Run the update by clicking on " Update"
    * Accept the update of the iPhone software .
    * Once the file is downloaded, the following screens appear . Do not disconnect your iPhone!
    * If the following window appears:
    Disconnect your iPhone from the computer
    Unlock your SIM card
    Reconnect the cable from your iPhone to the computer and then restart iTunes
    * If the following window appears , accept the update settings from the operator.

The update iOS 4.0 for iPhone and iPod touch is available for download directly from iTunes. Be warned, this requires the download of iTunes 9.2 at first. The iOS 4.0 weighs about 400 MB and provides numerous features such as multitasking or application management by folder . Recall that only the iPhone 3G and 3G and the iPod touch 2G and 3G are affected by this update . In addition, the iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G does not support multitasking , changing wallpaper or Bluetooth keyboards . Finally , the iPhone and iPod touch first generation remain permanently stuck to the iPhone OS 3.0.

If iTunes does not detect new version is that your iPhone is updated. Otherwise , just follow the instructions provided by iTunes. Downloading and installing this software will not damage your iPhone . The operation requires about 1 hour. Make sure you perform this update From the computer on which the iPhone is synchronized ( in order to ensure data retention ). Before installation, you will be notified of improvements brought by the new software version . The download and installation are free and under the responsibility of Apple.

You need to back up your iPhone before upgrade and its content (in the left menu bar , where your iPhone is indicated ), click the right mouse button on the icon for your iPhone and select " Save. " This backup may take a little time , it all depends on what you have stored on your phone, but it is useful to do from time to time and you now know how. As synchronization, do not touch your phone during the backup.

While Apple just introduced version 4.0 of the OS for iPhone , the happy possessors a developer account can already download and test the SDK including iPhone OS 4.0 firmware. Version 4.0 of the iPhone OS includes many good news of the most notable are the support of Multitasking and the ability to create " Directories "of applications . It will be possible for all to download iPhone OS 4.0 this summer to perform the update , unless it is diverted by means able to download the SDK 4.0 and recover the firmware of the iPhone before it begins.