Thread: Tomtom car kit with iPhone 4

Tomtom car kit with iPhone 4

I have my own iPhone 3G and i am using the griffin windowseat for my 3G but there is a problem with this as in cooler weather it falls off. I want to get the tom-tom car kit and i have heard that the it is going to launch sooner for an iPhone 4, I would be glad to buy it but anybody know that when it is going to come out?

Re: Tomtom car kit with iPhone 4

As Tomtom car kit has been manufactured and designed before the launch of an iPhone 4, They did not got any chance to say that it would be working with an iPhone 4 as well but i think it must be okay to work with the latest iPhone as well. I do not see any major differences between the design of an iPhone 3G and the latest one. But still you must confirm before buying this $100 product.

Unless and until all the ports and size of an iPhone 4 are similar or you may say an identical to an older versions of an iPhone then it is but obvious that this Tom Tom Car kit would be compatible with the iPhone 4 as well. It might happen that an older car kit wont be having the features as per the model of iPhone 4 but i guess all the features of this car kit would be able to use with an iPhone 4. But it would be better if you confirm all the functionalities while buying it.

I think you guys need to wait for some time as Tomtom must be launching the car kit specially made for an iPhone 4 which would be supporting all the latest features of an iPhone 4 as well. I think even an older version of this car kit must be working with the latest model of an iPhone 4 but i am not so sure about it. I suggest you to check it before you buy it as you must not waste your money in hurry of getting this car.

It might happen that an apple store would not be closer to your place so you will not be able to check about this Tomtom car kit for buying it. Best way to know whether this car kit is going to work with an iPhone 4 or not then you must directly get in contact with the customer care of Tomtom where they would be providing you the perfect information about this query.
    Customer care number of Tomtom is 1 866 486 6866.

by any chance you are not able to contact the customer care of tomtom then you may call to JustDial who can give you the proper information about the Tomtom as per your Area. JustDial's number is 69999999 if you are from India then this service would be best for getting an information for about Tomtom in your city.

I think the tomtom car kit would be fit for using it with an iPhone 4 as dimensions of this phone are only bit smaller then that of iPhone 3GS. Dimensions of iPhone 3GS are Height: 4.5 inches (115.5 mm), Width: 2.4 inches (62.1 mm), Depth: 0.48 inch (12.3 mm) and same of an iPhone 4 are Height: 4.5 inches (115.2 mm), Width: 2.31 inches (58.6 mm), Depth: 0.37 inch (9.3 mm).