Thread: Jailbreak/iOS 4/3GS/Baseband 5.13.04 I am stuck and for how long

Jailbreak/iOS 4/3GS/Baseband 5.13.04 I am stuck and for how long

The iTunes 9.2 was released most recent night. Even though I like the innovative characteristic, I was trigger happy. No necessitate ripping me in view of the fact that I be familiar with it was an unintelligent move. My query: in view of the fact that I imagine I am attractive much stuck by means of 4.0 at present, I plan to upgrade to the final version or description when release on Monday. I be familiar with I cannot downgrade to 3.1.3 determine to there be a jailbreak obtainable for the 3GS working the innovative 4.0 OS using the most recent baseband update (5.13.04). I am not concerned regarding unlocking. Presently desire for jailbreak.

Re: Jailbreak/iOS 4/3GS/Baseband 5.13.04 I am stuck and for how long

The baseband has nothing to do by means of jail breaking, it’s what blocks unlock. And from what I have been seeing approximately, iOS4 for the 3GS is previously jail broken, immediately sit tight and hang approximately for it. So the baseband update merely pertains to the "unlocking" of the phone and not "jail breaking". The jailbreak be supposed to be out soon subsequent to the iOS4 release, if not, a week presently at the majority.

Immediately the once I originate out that iTunes 9.2 was released for Windows, I first downloaded and installed on my system. Downloaded iOS 4 GM. Opened iTunes, plugged the phone in. Apprehended the <shift> and clicked the restore button, originate the .ipsw file and followed prompts. Immediately as long as I am able to get my jailbreak back, I determine to be happy. Might encompass to wait a few days additional than that's extremely well. I presently kind of freaked out when I noticed the baseband updated.

You be able to downgrade to 3.1.3 if you actually desire. There are guides out there that tell you how to. You determine to be tranquil stuck by means of the higher baseband so unlocking would be a no go. Additional than you might tranquil jailbreak. I try the entire in excess of again at present and it works. If you have comprised an additional system running itunes 9.1 you be able to jailbreak 3.1.3 the entire in excess of again. I tried uninstalling itunes 9.2 then installing 9.1 the entire in excess of again additional than I get an error message. I am not too worried regarding it I am not selling until there is unlock for it.

Other than in addition downgrade to the previous baseband as well. Consideration once that was updated, you were attractive much stuck. You be able to downgrade to 3.1.3 additional than you determine to tranquil have the ios4 baseband. Similar to I said, jailbreak determine to work - presently not unlocking. Yes its attractive straightforward you presently do a restore in DFU mode and make use of a special program to you out of DFU mode consequent to the restore is complete (for the reason that itunes does a create certain and freaks out when the baseband is dissimilar from what is expected). Presently google it and you determine to locate some pleasant tutorials.

It determines to there for certain be unlocking for the 4.0 baseband (5.13.04). I am thinking of updating my 3GS to the GM. The baseband is 5.12.01 at present, so I cannot unlock moreover method. What do you guys imagine be supposed to I go ahead and update. And at present collide upon launch on my iOS4 GM jail broken 3GS. I am certain once iOS4 is released they determine to update it, additional than it sucks that I jail broke 4.0 and at present I might have to go back to 3.1.3 for the reason that I desire to secure my iPad.

The entire the converse regarding jailbreaking being extremely well by means of iOS4 and the upgraded baseband and the unlocking not is confusing me at present. I am tranquil beneath the impression that on one occasion the iOS4 comes out, not considering of baseband and firmware, 3G or 3GS, the phone determine to be unlock able on the innovative release by the DevTeam. Is this accurate.