Thread: iPhone 3GS bricked during iOS4 upgrade

sad iPhone 3GS bricked during iOS4 upgrade

I am using the iPhone 3GS which i am trying to upgrade to iOS 4 but unable to do so as there are some error with the same. When ever i am trying to upgrade the same is showing me "Preparing for Upgrade" message and then gives the error 1603 which i am unable to understand. I have tried to upgrade to to three time but nothing is working for me. Help me!!!!

Re: iPhone 3GS bricked during iOS4 upgrade

As per my knowledge i think that there might be possibility that the iTunes is creating the problem with the upgrade of the iOS4 because of which you are getting this problem. So if possible then upgrade the iTunes first and then try to upgrade the device of yours. I think this will work for the issue of yours.

If i am not wrong then you are using the Windows operating system to upgrade the same. So i have searched regarding the query and come up with the link which is having the reason behind the error 1603 you are getting while you are updating. While updating make sure that you are logged in as the Computer Administrator. More on here.

I think that the iPhone is the reason behind the problem of not getting it update. For that you should have to reset the iPhone sync history which might be creating the issue while you are upgrading the OS of it. To reset the History you have to get into the Edit menu> Preferences>iPhone tab> Reset Sync History.

I will advise you to create a new account with the iTunes and the try to upgrade the same which you are planning to do. I think that the account will work with the new upgrade of the same. Also if you are using the Windows then create a new User Account which is having all the right. That's All i have to say.

I have searched regarding your query and let me tell you that the problem can be resolved with the following. Just Remove the Sim card from the phone before updating the iPhone. And then try the same. I don't know does it work or not. But this is what i got on the Apple regarding the error 1603 which you are getting. So try this out.

It might be possible that the port which you are using to connect the computer of your is having the Malfunction and that is why it is not working with the Upgrade of the iPhone. So if possible then connect the iPhone with the different port which is working perfectly. It is better if you connect the device to iPhone USB 2.0 port.