Thread: IPhone 3G running iOS4 GM is jailbroken

IPhone 3G running iOS4 GM is jailbroken

The version can jailbreak iOS 4 iPhones 3G with former Bootrom . It is true that the old and new Bootrom is not that simple and that the 3G jailbreak is very restrictive version of the iPhone 3G . So personally I do not have 3G , and part of the drafters of iPhoneSoft are on holiday, so I confess I can not really help on the issue yet. As against this, just bring me that the 3G iOS 4 on the machine slows down dramatically ( but hey we suspected already). Please help

Re: IPhone 3G running iOS4 GM is jailbroken

Its happened to me too . You need to done a downgrade in 3.1.2 if you are already and your ECID is registered Jailbreak with BlackRa1n and then put the custom firmware 4.0 ( you must remove the line that was added to the host file ). I met him and I am now 4.0 jailbreak. the iPhone 3G ancients have the 4th and 5th number ( serial number ) are less than 41 then the former has 3GS Bootrom.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

As you know, the new version of the excluded iOS GameCenter. But if you're impatient , you can install it now
    * An iPhone / iPod Touch jailbroken to 4.0
    * Have installed OpenSSH via Cydia
    * This file (GameCenter)
    Step 1 - Connect with SSH to your device (via Filezilla , WinSCP or other ... )
    Step 2 - Send the file downloaded previously / Private / var / stash / Applications and put it with the permissions 755 (right click -> Properties or right click - > permissions). Check the box also apply to all sub folders / files
    Step 3 - Restart your device!
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Check the steps:
    1) Download the software first in the download area of iPhoneGen , then your current firmware there.
    2) Connect your iPhone or iPod Touch to your PC.
    3) - Start RedSnow 0.9.5 Click "Browse "and select your firmware downloaded earlier. Redsnow confirm you that the Firmware has recognized, Click Next , prepare the data Redsnow jailbreak.

redsn0w 0.9.5 is still in beta and therefore its use is at your own risk and if you update your iPhone 3G FW 4.0 GM , you will lose the unlocked . iPhone 3G and Mac only! redsn0w is to download .
    1. Restore your iPhone 3G FW iOS 4 GM ( only for developers or if you have a UDID enabled ).
    2. The trick : when redsn0w asks you to select a firmware , select the beta 4 firwmare 4.0 .
    3. Check Install Cydia and put your iPhone into DFU mode .
    4. After jailbreak , Cydia , and after restart Cydia.

Begin first to update your software iTunes 9.2, if not already done so. The download link for this version is available in the pre -requisites . To then install the iOS 4 , go on then iTunes 9.2 then connect your iPod touch 2G and 3G to your computer . On iTunes , click on your iPod Touch to the left . Now hold the Shift while clicking Restore . A window will then appear , select the previously iOS 4 download in near -requisites.