Thread: Dell Inspiron 2500 Keyboard problem

Dell Inspiron 2500 Keyboard problem

I am having the Dell Inspiron 2500 notebook which is having the problem with the keyboard. It was working till yesterday but today morning when turned it On, my keyboard is not working. To make sure i have installed the driver for the same but no avail. If any one know how to work with the same then please let me know about it. Thanks in advance.

Re: Dell Inspiron 2500 Keyboard problem

Did you checked the device manager for the Availability of the Keyboard? Just go to the device manager and see whether keyboard is listed or not. If it is listed then i will advise you to remove the same from the list and and after that restart the notebook. If it ask for driver then install the same and work with the issue. I hope this will help you.

As per your suggestion i have checked the device manager for the availability of the Keyboard and let me tell you that it is listed in the same. By following your suggestion i have gone through the removal of the keyboard from the list of device manager. After that i have gone through the installation of the driver but still no avail of keyboard. Any more suggestion.

It seems that the keyboard of yours might got dead and that is why not responding with the notepad. But to make sure i will first advise you to connect the external or USB keyboard with the device of yours and see whether it is working with the same or not. If it is working then you need to replace the keyboard.

I have tried the same as suggested by you. I have bought an external keyboard which i have connected to the device of mine and let me tel you that this is working with the Notebook of mine and having no issue. Does it means that the Notebook of mine is having the bad keyboard? Please help me more with the same.

Yes this is possible that the notebook is got corrupt keyboard which is not working with the same. So i will advise you to repair the keyboard and then only work with the same. The Hardware engineer will resolve the issue by fixing the new keyboard into the device. So try this out and work with the issue. Thanks.

I think that this is having the issue with the keyboard and that is why you need to contact the Dell regarding the issue. So if you are having any issue with the dell notebook then you should contact the Dell Support for your issue and see whether you are getting the solution or not. If your device is under warranty then can be fix for free.