Thread: Windows 7 support for Live! Cam Video IM Pro (VF0230)

Windows 7 support for Live! Cam Video IM Pro (VF0230)

I want to know that if Windows 7 support for Live! Cam Video IM Pro VF0230 is available or not. This is because I am using Windows XP now and want to upgrade to Windows 7. I am not facing any issues with the webcam now. But, after I upgrade, if I face any issues, it will be better if there will be any support for the same available or not. Thus, I want this information before I do the upgradation.

Re: Windows 7 support for Live! Cam Video IM Pro (VF0230)

First of all, I would like you let know that the upgradation from Windows XP to Windows 7 cannot be done. You can only do a clean install of the same. The upgradation can be only from Windows Vista. In Windows XP, you need to format the system and remove all the older files of the system. This is also called as the fresh install of the operating system. Well, I do not know if Windows 7 support for Live! Cam Video IM Pro (VF0230) is available or not.

I dont think that the Windows 7 support for Live! Cam Video IM Pro (VF0230). This is because I searched the internet and could not find any such support available. Also, I visited the official site of Creative and checked the same there. I was not able to find any status regarding the Windows 7 operating there. So, I guess it will be better if you stay with Windows XP itself.

I have seen many users of Windows 7 complaining about the incompatibilities of various applications and softwares that used to run fine in the older versions of Windows. This is why it is always suggested by most of the experts that the upgrade to this particular operating system must be avoided.

Anyways, if you are looking for a change in the operating system, then you can upgrade to Windows Vista. Also, the features of Windows Vista is almost the same as Windows 7 and there are no incompatibility issues with it.

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions that you people have given. It is good to know that the people have this amount of knowledge. Well, I have decided to stick with the Windows XP operating system. The main reason is that there is no Windows 7 support for Live! Cam Video IM Pro (VF0230). Another reason is that there are many incompatibility problems.

1. Download Driver LCVP_PCDrv_US_1_03_02.exe (2.810.704 bytes)
    2. Set compatible with Vista SP2
    3. Run as administrator & enjoy!

It work in my Windows 7 Professional x64 fine!