Thread: PC-cam 950 slim doesnt want to open

PC-cam 950 slim doesnt want to open

My computer is running Windows XP operating system and I have PC-cam 950 running with it. Well, the system had been turned off forcefully because of some power issue. So, I was not able to do a safe shut down. At this time, the camera was running. Now, when I restarted the system after the power problems were solved, my PC-cam 950 slim doesnt want to open. I am not able to understand why this is happening. Please help me solve this problem.

Re: PC-cam 950 slim doesnt want to open

There is no need to worry of the PC-cam 950 slim doesnt want to open. This is because I can assure you that the webcam software that you have installed in your system has become corrupt. So, the only was to get rid of this issue is to reinstall the webcam software.

I have also faced a similar problem before and I used this same method to eradicate the situation. Just let me know if the problem is solved or not.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

It seems some internal error has occurred because of which PC-cam 950 slim doesnt want to open. There is a need to check out if the webcam is working on some other system or not. If it is working, then the issue is as mentioned in the above post by Gonzo. If the webcam does not work in the other system also, then there has been some issue with the webcam. Then, you will have take the webcam for a repair.

You must visit the official site of Creative and mention to them about the situation that the PC-cam 950 slim doesnt want to open. Just post the issues that you are facing there. They will reply to you with the solutions that can be used in this particular case. If they think that the problem is too worse and you still have the warranty period, they can also send some person at your place for checking the device.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I have given the PC-cam 950 slim to the place from where I had bought it because the warranty is still remaining. I have told them that it I am facing this issue that PC-cam 950 slim doesnt want to open. I hope that they will repair the same and give it back without any issues. I will let you guys know if I there are any problems after the repair.