Thread: Creative Vado HD did not recognized by computer

Creative Vado HD did not recognized by computer

I just bought a Creative Vado HD. I checked it out of the box & then took some videos on it. But when I connected it to my computer system on which am using windows XP but the screen of my VADO just has a tad bit of back light. Even after unplugging the device the red light stays on there. What could be the problem and why it is not getting recognized by pc?

Re: Creative Vado HD did not recognized by computer

You must be connecting your VADO with the computer by using an USB cable so i guess there could be something wrong usb port on which you are connecting it. Providing the multiple usb ports on the computer system is due to this reason as well apart from more portability. I suggest you to try using some other usb port on your system which might solve this problem.

As you would be using the usb port on your window xp system then there could be the problem with the windows driver on your pc for not recognizing the device connected on the usb ports. I think you should install the latest usb drivers for your XP system from an official website of the Microsoft. You may download the same thing from the Creative's website as well but make sure that you download as per the model of your camcorder.

I think you should check it with the Test Unit that your VADO is getting actually connected or not. I suggest you to reset the Creative Camcorder which might get it working.
    For resetting your Vado HD, you have to remove and reinsert the battery to reset the device. Now you may try connecting it again but make sure that you have installed right driver first, You may check it by connecting any USB device on your pc.

You should try connecting this camcorder on some other computer system, if u can make it then take out your all the data from the camcorder's memory. And it also means that neither it was anything wrong with the player nor with the cable so it could be driver as it has been seen that drivers plays most important role for detecting the devices on the system or it could be the port which might not be working there would be loose internal usb connection.

If you have tried using your Creative Vado HD on different computer systems then i guess there would be something wrong with the sound system itself. I suggest you to go to the dealer from where you have bought this sound system and have talk with him about the same problem and if this sound system works on their pc then tell them to setup the same system on your computer system.