Thread: Gapless Playback on Zune HD

Gapless Playback on Zune HD

I have a simple problem for you guys which you might can solve. Actually the things which i have got from the Zune Pass that plays video without any gap but it is not the case with my Zune HD. What could be the reason here and how could i make it run without any gap.

Re: Gapless Playback on Zune HD

I think you need to update the firmware of your zune which might be solving this problem. I am not so sure that firmware would be the problem but you must try it as newer version would only be having better features then an older versions of firmware. And you can easily update your zune from an official website of zune. You just need to click for an update on an official website which will automatically update the firmware.

I would like to ask you that is this gapless problem persisting for the all the media files or is it just with the some of the files. Actually i would like to tell you that the gapless playback means that the playing the media as it is given in the CD. So gapless playback does not remove an intentional gap between the media files.
    So i think you should try playing some other media files and check that is it in the same way as it was.

I think there is nothing wrong with the functionality of your zune as it is playing the gapless when you have grabbed the files from the zune pass as the files from the zune pass have an interval between two files but when you try to play from some audio files which has been ripped from an audio CD then it wont be playing gapless. As there would an intentional gap which cannot be removed unless you have deleted it by using any software.

I think you are talking about the Crossfading feature of the media players. Actually by using this function your can play the different songs without having any break in between them. It is just like that the next track starts bit earlier then the current one ends. So you may try to enable this functions. There would be the time as well where you can state that before how much seconds the new computer.