Thread: Connecting the Zune HD to Browser login Wifi/WPA(2) Enterprise

Connecting the Zune HD to Browser login Wifi/WPA(2) Enterprise

I am a college student and on our campus we necessitate to login by means of our student recommendation to have right of entry wifi, additional than when I try to attach from my Zune HD it says "local network merely, Try the entire in excess of again" and it does not let me login, so no wifi. Somebody give pleasure to tell me there is a method to run approximately this. UPDATE: The campus wifi is Unsecure so it does not necessitate a WEP/WPA key to connect.

Re: Connecting the Zune HD to Browser login Wifi/WPA(2) Enterprise

The similar thing here. I am trying to get on wifi that necessitate user verification additional than the wireless presently reports "local merely." the signal is in addition unencrypted. It's the similar thing by means of my school (basically the log in is software-based that you encompass to download), additional than I do not imagine the ZuneHD's browser be able to be familiar with that kind of substantiation.

Yes, I have comprised the identical tribulations. I seem to retain information in sequence regarding the Zune team saying that the web browser in conclusion permitted you to attach to these types of networks. Miserably, I cannot get it to work or run. Yes, and CNET in addition mentioned it in their podcast the recent past that they were capable to go through their pass through website so perhaps this is something that tranquil requirements to be worked out.

I am having comparable (and exasperating) tribulations by means of public wifi at run. To attach, the browser gets re-directed to a substantiation page. Regrettably, it says that it "cannot load the page you requested", so you cannot completely attach to the network. This seems similar to a "must fix" tribulations to me. I am going to grab some apparatus team members and observe if I be able to get some answers for you the entire I determine to ring back in.

I had problem using WiFI to have right of entry outside of my home network. At work, the Zune is not accomplished for connecting to a WPA2 802.1x Enterprise network which necessitates a trusted documentation. I was in addition not successful when trying to attach to our guest zone which requires a web page based acknowledgement of our wireless procedure.

The Zune HD does not presently hold up or maintain the following protocols. That is WPA/WPA2 Enterprise and a number of forms of 802.1x. Where a detach submission is required to login and where a documentation must be downloaded to the apparatus subsequent to a web based login. Colleges and large work networks are universal adopters of these types’ technologies for network sanctuary reasons. Create certain by means of your network administrator to conclude if the network you are attempting to attach to might employing several of these technologies.

The Zune HD does not sustain or maintain concerning to an AP that is not dissemination a SSID for internet browsing or marketplace. The Zune HD has been reported to encompass problem connecting from side to side a Verizon FIOS AP/router arrangement. We are energetically investigating. zune HD does not hold up or maintain wireless 802.11N associations. Most 802.11N routers maintain Zune HD well-matched 802.11B and 802.11G associations.