Thread: New SSD toolbox released

New SSD toolbox released

I head that a new toolbox for SSD by Intel is released. What does this new toolbox consist of. I am also looking for 160GB SSD firmware support for my pc. I am using this 160GB SSD drive for a longer time. By the time this has become slow and now I need some help to find and upgrade the firmware for the same. What can be done with this new firmware. Thanks.

Re: New SSD toolbox released

It is true that intel has finally launched its firmware which can be used for Intel X25-M and X18-M 34 nm. This firmware adds support of TRIM, but also a significant boost to the writing on the 160GB model is referenced Firmware 2CV102HD. You can download that from the official site and run the update. It is free for download and that will improve your SSD's performance.

It is correct the new toolbox is released by intel long time before. There were some issue related to fragmentation in SSD drives. To counter these effects, Intel has just released a new firmware for its SSD X18-M and X25-M. The manufacturer ensures that this new software should help correct performance problems encountered by some users over time. You can run the setup for the same.

Due to very low access time and no moving parts the solid state drivers are protected from fragmentation and as you know that the same works on a magnetic hard disk. It is not quiet necessary that to get this firmware upgrade if your SSD is working fine. But upgrading the same could give you fast reading and writing with the latest Intel SSD drives. Downloading this is on you.

The performance of this drivers drop gradually as the disc is filled with data and due to a failure the algorithm responsible for distributing data on the various flash memory cells. This new firmware should improve the performance of this algorithm. However it is common that when you use your hardware continuously then the quality and life span of the same goes down frequently as time passes.

I also noticed that after installing the new firmware on the SSD of Intel my flash memory chips engraved in 34 nanometers can be used for Trim. Also many users report that their recording is no longer working after this firmware upgrade. This new software introduced as an ISO image which you can get from the intel site and this will improve by your SSD's performance by nearly 40%.

I am not planing to run the upgrade because I found that after upgrading the SSD drive does not performance well. This is due to the bugs in the new update. But even if you want to install then just download and run it. Then you will have to reboot your system and at this stage the problems comes out with the detection of errors in the SMART. Always try to download the same from the official site.